ADVERTISEMENT

Yes everyone knows

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Everyone knows the defense isn’t the best, we get it. Oh well…. But the offense is good enough to outscore a lot of teams.
They are still a very good team and they still are improving. I like this team and they have what it takes to win a title. This team will be fine come March

Big Z may have made this team a lot better, hopefully he can continue to put numbers up like that every game.

Reactions: thedahc and runt#69
Everyone knows the defense isn’t the best, we get it. Oh well…. But the offense is good enough to outscore a lot of teams.
They are still a very good team and they still are improving. I like this team and they have what it takes to win a title. This team will be fine come March

Big Z may have made this team a lot better, hopefully he can continue to put numbers up like that every game.
You hang your hat on that until we lay an egg in March in the one and done tournament. I love the offense, hate the defense.

They played 32.5 minutes of solid defense.
This. Defense was improved before the last 8 fugly minutes.

Ugo, and now the addition of Big Z, has changed the dynamics. Shot blocking presence in the paint. Guards will be able to apply more pressure on the 3 point line with shot blockers behind them. I think these guys will evolve now with the expanded roster. If we ever get Thiero back, we’re in even better shape.

They were up 30 in a game that had a huge amount of adrenaline early with Z And had an adrenaline dump and kind of let go of the rope. It happens. It also didn't help the refs were seemingly willing to give up their first born for UGA to cover the spread in the last 10 mins.

Fans like you make it hard enjoying basketball. Think positive, negativity is so stupid. This team is deep and can make run for the title. I’m sorry you can’t enjoy yourself
No fans like me are realists, theres no negativity in acknowledging the truth and wanting them to fix it now before it is too late. Ignoring the truth is far more negative.

No fans like me are realists, theres no negativity in acknowledging the truth and wanting them to fix it now before it is too late. Ignoring the truth is far more negative.
Nobody is ignoring the truth about the defense, but the truth is the offense can outscore a lot of teams

Reactions: Padsfs07
I’d rather lose a game in the high 80’s than lose a plod fest in the 60’s. Here’s something that might shock you. Our defense isn’t that much worse compared to the last 4 or 5 years, really the entire Cal era. We’re just scoring more, getting more possessions so the other team is obviously getting more possessions. Under Cal, UK guards have always struggled to keep players in front of them. When Cal went with the switch everything defense after 2015, it has just gotten worse. But since we played plow horse, rock right, whatever you want to call it basketball, people just thought the defense was good because scores were in the 60’s instead of the 80’s

Nobody is ignoring the truth about the defense, but the truth is the offense can outscore a lot of teams
When it’s clicking as it is now. Lots of fun, love it. Wouldn’t you all like our defense to become more of a focus so that our offense doesn’t actually HAVE to be clicking for 6 straight games in March? I’m gonna keep banging the drum and hope I don't have to say told you so in March. I wont do that but maybe you’ll get it then……

Meh. They started smurfing around after the under 8 timeout, and nobody really thought the game was in jeopardy.

Had it been necessary, they'd have kept up the intensity. It's certainly not great, but it's much better than the effort they have the last quarter. I'm not that concerned about it, tbh. Tonight was fun.

Reactions: Padsfs07
They ain't particularly smart, are they?
Good lord we’re the dumb ones for saying 96 to Georgia at home isn’t ideal. You basketball geniuses have it all figured out…..ask John Wall, Boogie Bledsoe and crew what one bad offensive game in March looks like….

Not unless he is by far the best player of all time. His debut was magical but he just can't be that good all the time.

No. You are not. You are just frikin haters looking for a reason to hate.

You are no more a fan than any Louisville guy walking the streets.

You just happen to have access to a computer.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
If you don't think this defense is a MAJOR problem then I'm embarrassed for you.
It wasn’t a problem the entire game and the refs did blow their whistles a lot with 8 minutes left. They just let off the gas pedal at the end. Still won and scored over 100pts

No. You are not. You are just frikin haters looking for a reason to hate.

You are no more a fan than any Louisville guy walking the streets.

You just happen to have access to a computer.
Comical, you must not have been around here much and or are new. Ive bled blue my entire life. I see a team that has the makings of # 9 and see our defense as the biggest obstacle in the way. I want it fixed sooner than later. If that is above you’re comprehension we can agree to disagree.

How many minutes is a regulation game in March?
I believe his point is that we are seeing an improvement in the defense but it is still a work in progress. We did see pretty decent defense for 3/4 of the game then the refs took complete control and gave Georgia free throws if our shadows fouled them. 35 FT's for the visitors tonight, unreal. If the defense keeps improving we coukd be in great shape in March. I'm choosing to be optimistic with this team and now adding Z.

We scored 105 points and actually fell from 16th on KenPom to 17th because our defense dropped from 60 to 74….

When it’s clicking as it is now. Lots of fun, love it. Wouldn’t you all like our defense to become more of a focus so that our offense doesn’t actually HAVE to be clicking for 6 straight games in March? I’m gonna keep banging the drum and hope I don't have to say told you so in March. I wont do that but maybe you’ll get it then……
You will definitely do that. And you so badly want to say I told you so in March.

Who are you banging that drum for? Do you think the basketball staff is reading your posts and like "hey this bro is onto something"

You will definitely do that. And you so badly want to say I told you so in March.

Who are you banging that drum for? Do you think the basketball staff is reading your posts and like "hey this bro is onto something"
You don't know me….bro

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT