ADVERTISEMENT

WVU with A Smart NIL Idea

Interesting how things evolve over time..

UK ended a 70+ year Battle Of The Barrel tradition with Tennessee for the sake of being politically correct, and for decades refused to serve beer to the public at football games.

Now we have predominantly underage college athletes apparently using their NIL to promote beer sales at games and share in the profits.

Interesting how things evolve over time..

UK ended a 70+ year Battle Of The Barrel tradition with Tennessee for the sake of being politically correct, and for decades refused to serve beer to the public at football games.

Now we have predominantly underage college athletes apparently using their NIL to promote beer sales at games and share in the profits.
It had nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with the car accident that killed Tim Couch’s best friend and Artie Steinmetz (a UK DL) that happened the week before the UT game when Couch was a junior.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
It had nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with the car accident that killed Tim Couch’s best friend and Artie Steinmetz (a UK DL) that happened the week before the UT game when Couch was a junior.
I’m aware of the circumstances.

So WVU, which isn't allowed to give money as NIL, can allow a beer to be sold in their venues with the agreement that 15% of the sales will go to an NIL Trust. Net, seems a convoluted way for WV to give NIL money themselves.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I’m all for the idea of athletes participating in nil. But we are so far removed from the original idea I’m willing to accept that it can only be solved by collective bargaining. I’ve said that from the beginning of it all but now I’m actually becoming more ok with it having to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT