ADVERTISEMENT

With NIL does the scholarship limit really matter?

It seems like you could easily provide the kid money to cover tuition/living expenses via NIL, if we’re throwing a bag at Lanier or Jaxon, an extra $50k should cover tuition and let them play as walk ons, no?
I wonder if there are any stipulations on that. If not then you could have a 20 man roster rather quick.

I think someone said (unverified) that you can only have 13-15 regardless of scholarship situation. Makes sense, I'm sure we would've seen at least one person try it if it was a thing.

It seems like you could easily provide the kid money to cover tuition/living expenses via NIL, if we’re throwing a bag at Lanier or Jaxon, an extra $50k should cover tuition and let them play as walk ons, no?
Theoretically it seems plausible.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
I wonder if there are any stipulations on that. If not then you could have a 20 man roster rather quick.
Billy Clyde could put together an 85 man roster like football then. He'd be licking his chops at all the players he would have to mistreat lol. Buddy Hassells sitting somewhere right now wanting to know where he can get back in and get his bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: blue cincy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT