ADVERTISEMENT

Willis ???

Originally posted by MrHotDice:
He should get a chance to play.
I'm sure he will the last minute or two. I'm much more worried about continuing to gain good chemistry with the platoons though.

Are you just an idiot? Why, he's on the team, he has a free ride, and he goes to practice. What he brings to the table is not important IMHO

There are lots of reason one do wnt get in a game.....many do not include being in "coaches doghouse".

I don't know what goes on at practice, but I can't help but think Willis deserved more than a minute and a half of playing time when we're up by 50.

Almost taking another shot at the end won't help him out of the doghouse. He might be fed up. He is not a bad player. Hard at Kentucky to Crack the NBA rotation.

What I don't understand with Willis is when we played in the Bahamas pre-season and was playing the platoon without WCS and Lyles Cal played both Willis and Hawkins. They both delivered during the bahamas 6 game trip and Willis especially hitting the outside shot and 3 point shot. I know that the Bahamas competition isn't like playing in the SEC Conference but both boys played extremely well down there when WCS and Lyles was out still recovering from their injuries. That is why I didn't understand when POY went down with his season ending injury why Cal didn't just replace POY with Willis and keep the 5 in 5 out Platoon system going after POY injury.

Common sense guys...Cal is unhappy with either something DW did off the court or his effort in practice

Willis has game. I hate it he only gets to come in for mop up duty. If you're not one of Cal's NBA projects, you can forget about getting playing time. It's an injustice that he doesn't get to play more. I'd love to see him starting for WKU.

Originally posted by ala_kat2:
Willis has game. I hate it he only gets to come in for mop up duty. If you're not one of Cal's NBA projects, you can forget about getting playing time. It's an injustice that he doesn't get to play more. I'd love to see him starting for WKU.
Signed,

Jorts, Ligins, Miller, Mays

Not signed,

Orton

All I know is based on the Bahamas games against grown men, Willis delivered. He played really well against some pretty good competition. He can shoot, he' athletic, he's got great length, and he runs well. I know his defense isn't great, but he can help the team.

This post was edited on 1/13 11:05 PM by #1Wildcatfan4life

Hits a jumper against Missouri bench is 40 plus blowout. Some ppl are outrageous. There's more to the game then hitting open 3's in no pressure blowouts.

Originally posted by UKBrassowTipIN:
Hits a jumper against Missouri bench is 40 plus blowout. Some ppl are outrageous. There's more to the game then hitting open 3's in no pressure blowouts.
LOL. Pay attention. Based on his performance this summer and earli in the season.

Originally posted by #1Wildcatfan4life:
All I know is based on the Bahamas games against grown men, Willis delivered. He played really well against some pretty good competition. He can shoot, he' athletic, he's got great length, and he runs well. I know his defense isn't great, but he can help the team.

This post was edited on 1/13 11:05 PM by #1Wildcatfan4life

And who the hell are you taking mins away from? Cal plays nine guys almost every game and today he played Hawkins for 10. And you already have fans bitchin about the rotation not being shorten.

In a game like tonight it wouldn't matter who played a little less. We were up by 50.

Originally posted by #1Wildcatfan4life:

Originally posted by UKBrassowTipIN:
LOL. Pay attention. Based on his performance this summer and earli in the season.
Ooh wow, this summer...unfortunately he didn't look better then either than anyone that's playing. Oh and earlier this season...against georgetown and pikeville...ha, okay. He can't play D, and isn't strong with the ball...which yes was evident in early season games. It's amazing, ppl would question why todd svboda doesn't play more bc he hits a 3. Imagine he's from ohio, then see if you make the same arguements.

This guy is not playing in any close games so I'm not sure why people get so butt hurt with him only playing 2 minutes tonight in a blowout.

I mean give it a rest. UK fans have to bitch about something no matter what.. It is quite comical.
laugh.r191677.gif

Up by 25-30-35-40-45-50. If he's sick, ok, if he's in Cals doghouse ok, but if the answer is no, then he should be allowed to play more than 2 minutes in a 50 point blowout.

Now if he's not in cals doghouse, he needs to leave and go where he can play.

Question, does anyone see things changing for him next year? If not allowed to play and get better in games he will always be recruited over IMHO. I know he is a kid living his dream to play for the Cats but tonight tells me he needs to do something if he wants to play college basketball.

Not bitching at all. I just can't see Willis not getting a little time when we're up by 50. Does it really matter? Yes, I would imagine it does to him.

I think after 2 close games to start SEC play, Cal wants the units to get their chemistry back together. He's ALWAYS playing to improve his main guys. And he's always played them down to the final couple of minutes.

In a platoon world, Willis is still the 11th man, even with AP out.

Last week--we were letting it run too close, and Willis was going to come in and save us from the awful play of the other bigs. Now we win, and it's absurd that Cal didn't put Willis in. Can't please some people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT