ADVERTISEMENT

why no sweep thread?

Where has all of the Kentucky baseball fans been this weekend? We have a chance to sweep the #3 team.
GO BIG BLUE

Trying to follow along. We had a good 3rd. Still left them loaded. Back to back K’s to end the 3rd.

Lee with a fantastic top of 4th. Strikes out 2 gamecocks. Headed bottom of 4th.

Gamecock looked more like Keystone Kops early, several plays that were just stupid. #3 team in the country?

I couldn't get on for the first two games. Had nothing but 403 FORBIDDEN errors until after the 2nd game. A lot of games no one posts here so I didn't bother. Watching both the softball and baseball games.

Lee has had his best games since Indiana State. 10K's so far. No walks and only one hit batter.

Jackson Gray gets out again on a dumb base running play. He gets on a lot but gets out a lot. Has done so several times this series.

I think the SECN just lost their feed in the 7th inning. Just running commercials. Following the live stats, it looks like I just missed a 2 run homer by the Cats.

Even though Lee is the one who gave up the two runs, I'd give him the game ball. He took it to South Carolina all day and gave us almost 7 good innings. Haven't seen many starts that long, that good all year. This was a good one. He's always had some great stuff but usually had trouble containing it. He did great all game.

Reactions: ukdesi
Where’s this guy been all year?

Is he this good?

3 homers iand he must be fast to get an inside the park

Can use the added power
He did well at the start of the season, then pitchers found they could get him to swing over a slider away and he was striking out with regularity. Maybe he figured it out.

Reactions: Kybluedude
This was Lee's best game of the year. He was EXCELLENT, and holding that USC lineup to basically one mistake pitch 2 run HR all day is quite a feat.

I also love that some of our slumping hitters are coming out of it (Burkes, McCoy).

This was a great series win, really hoping for more of the same to finish the season.

Reactions: Cats8585 and dtjr
This was Lee's best game of the year. He was EXCELLENT, and holding that USC lineup to basically one mistake pitch 2 run HR all day is quite a feat.

I also love that some of our slumping hitters are coming out of it (Burkes, McCoy).

This was a great series win, really hoping for more of the same to finish the season.

All I kept hearing was how the SS, 2B & 3B were out of their lineup- Will this win be looked at as UK finding strides or UK finding USC at the right time?

All I kept hearing was how the SS, 2B & 3B were out of their lineup- Will this win be looked at as UK finding strides or UK finding USC at the right time?

Both. UK dominated them in both phases. So it wasn't just that they struggled because they didn't have some bats. Our pitching may not have been as successful against a healthy USC, but our bats also found success and they weren't missing as much on the mound. Regardless, UK has to prove this wasn't a product of USC and was actually our own doing.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Both. UK dominated them in both phases. So it wasn't just that they struggled because they didn't have some bats. Our pitching may not have been as successful against a healthy USC, but our bats also found success and they weren't missing as much on the mound. Regardless, UK has to prove this wasn't a product of USC and was actually our own doing.
Agreed. SC was missing a bunch, but we still hit them like crazy. They were missing Noah Hall on the mound, who has been a weekend starter for them, but they still had 2 of their normal weekend guys and we beat them up pretty good. Noah Hall is probably out for the season and has been out for awhile, so the guys we faced are their weekend rotation at this point, so I think it is safe to say our offense put it on them pretty good. There were a couple of plays that probably went our way because they had a catcher playing 3rd, or a backup 2B playing SS, but not enough of those happened to say that it was the reason we scored so much. We were hitting the ball for sure. The guy that misplayed the ball to allow McCoy's inside the park HR was definitely their regular CF! :)

Reactions: backinky2018

I think it's both. Petry is one of the best freshman hitters in the country (along with Condon from UGA). Their first baseman was raking too. But, yes, they have some injuries. All I know is that two weeks prior the same USC team swept Florida.

I think it's both. Petry is one of the best freshman hitters in the country (along with Condon from UGA). Their first baseman was raking too. But, yes, they have some injuries. All I know is that two weeks prior the same USC team swept Florida.
Yeah, I was at the series between them and Florida, and a couple of SC's injuries happened in that series. 3B Lecroy pulled his hamstring stretching to get to the base running to first and Casas (1B) had a collision on a play at 1st where he cracked a rib or bruised a rib ( didnt seem to bother him much this weekend against us though). Their 2B was already out for that series but their SS got hut this last weekend, so he was still playing vs Florida. That guy is a major cog in their offense. It would be like Pitre not being able to play for us. But, still, like we said earlier, yes their offense had some guys out of the order, but they would have had to score a bunch of runs to keep up with us anyway because we were scoring regardless of who was in the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT