ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be 2016's....

Feb 16, 2011
2006 George Mason? Or, though overall to a lesser extent (but damn, I LOVED watching that team)! 2013's Florida Gulf Coast?

Middle Tenn. St.? Little Rock? Yale (who I actually DID pick to beat Baylor as well as Duke, though I have Oregon beating them after that - SO HARD for me to pick almost any of the west coast teams but I had so many people telling me "Oregon are honestly the real deal" though in all honesty? I have not seen them one time as of yet). Despite my bracket, I'll still be rooting for Yale. (Funny memory....a local shop, back in 1994, had this TINY little selection of caps. One was a "Yale Bulldogs" cap which actually was a pretty awesome looking cap). I bought it and proceeded to wear it pretty religiously for the next couple of years or so. My friends made fun of me quite often - all in good nature of course - but I have a feeling that they remembered me and that damn cap when Yale was putting a whippin' on Baylor Thus. and I bet they will remember it even more if my bracket holds up and they beat Puke tomorrow...

I could see Hawaii beating Maryland actually (like an idiot, I went against good judgement and picked CAL - not only to beat Hawaii, but also to beat Maryland. That "voice" inside my head was telling me "don't do it" but like an idiot, I ignored it). Same also applies for Seton Hall/Gonzaga...that little voice was telling me "pick the Zags for this one...Seton Hall are over-rated....but did I? NO!

Little Rock, same thing. Of course, I DID pick Chattanooga over Indiana and that one didn't work out obviously. SF Austin was a coin-flip for me but I went with WVA (no "little voice" w/that pick...just a 50/50 pick that didn't work out). Same goes for Iona over Iowa St.

I knew better but I penciled Purdue all way to the freakin' Elite 8....&...I'm sure I'm in A LOT of company here in that I had Mich. St. going all the way to the Final Four (not that I gave a ish...I was rooting like a maniac for MTSU)!

Just wondering if you guys see any of these teams pulling a potential 2006 George Mason, or, again on a lesser-scale, a 2013 FGCU? I have to say, MTSU looked incredibly poised and confident and seemed non-shocked in the least that they won that game. I LOVED seeing that confidence. Man, I LOVE this time of the year (Spring arriving, summer just around the corner, dreadful winter in the rear-view and March freakin' Madness)!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT