ADVERTISEMENT

Where will this UK team be seeded in March?

Where will this UK team be seeded in March for the NCAA Tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I started to conservatively say 7-9. No ones played together. New coach for everyone but one guy…could be rough. But we have a ton of experience. GOOD experience. I think our seniors carry and we get a respectable seed in Popes first season.

Reactions: RunninRichie
6. Think we have good experienced players, that will take some time to gel, but maybe not as long as people think. We will have our ups and downs but I think will be a 12-20th ranked team.

We're basically BYU from last year.
Some unfamiliarity with better defense in a weaker conference.
4 - 6 seems fair.

Reactions: KYExtemper
3-5 but clicked 4-6 because fits better. I think in order to get 1-3 they have to dominate in the SEC and I’m not sure a new coach and a new system can do that this year against a tough SEC.

I wouldn't wager at this stage unless the payoff was really in my favor

Since that puts me into a lot to win and nothing much to lose then I'd go with the 4-6 range.

I'll be happy to be in the tournament, whatever the seed. I expect us to struggle early. None of these guys have ever played together. I expect early losses to Duke and Clemson. Like some of Cals earlier teams I expect us to play better as the season progresses. Any tourney run would be pure gravy this year. Predicting 3 seeds and such is simply not realistic

6. Think we have good experienced players, that will take some time to gel, but maybe not as long as people think. We will have our ups and downs but I think will be a 12-20th ranked team.
If we are ranked 20th with good wins but have some bad Quad 3-4 losses then a 6 is a possibility under that scenario. If we are ranked 12th we will not be a 6 seed.

Anywhere from 7 to NIT

Makes no sense man. This team is a lot better than last years BYU team in the big12 and they deserved a 5 seed. Landed a 6. To me once Robinson committed that made us in contention for a 1 seed, 2 seed, or 3 seed. I wouldn’t argue 4-6 but beyond that I cannot understand the basis for thinking that. NIT? Whats the rationale?

I'll be happy to be in the tournament, whatever the seed. I expect us to struggle early. None of these guys have ever played together. I expect early losses to Duke and Clemson. Like some of Cals earlier teams I expect us to play better as the season progresses. Any tourney run would be pure gravy this year. Predicting 3 seeds and such is simply not realistic
These guys will have been around each other for 5-6 months by the start of the season. I'm just not buying the argument that them not having played together will be an issue. That basically happens for a significant number of players on all teams these days.

If we are ranked 20th with good wins but have some bad Quad 3-4 losses then a 6 is a possibility under that scenario. If we are ranked 12th we will not be a 6 seed.
I should have clarified. During the season I think we could be as high ranked as 12. Not finish there.
I think 20 is more realistic. And 4-6 is what I voted. Just lean more towards a 5/6. This team has potential for sure. If we can stay of top 15 I would be super happy.

I started to conservatively say 7-9. No ones played together. New coach for everyone but one guy…could be rough. But we have a ton of experience. GOOD experience. I think our seniors carry and we get a respectable seed in Popes first season.
This. I will be happy season 1 with this seeding. Season 2 however...

Byu played a dog crap ooc schedule. People want to bitch about our some years under Cal but byus was way weaker than anything Pope will see year to year at UK.

I'd also argue the sec is just about as tough as the big 12 so that's a wash.

It's impossible to predict without seeing the team play and we have 0 idea of rotation and how they all click. People seem to assume it will work fine but it may not.

I would guess (100% nonsense guess) 4 to 6 seed range without knowing anything as it is June 2024.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I think we come out swinging and do better than most expect us to do.
I’ll say 4 seed
Finish top 3 in sec
Win 2 sec tournament games
Sweet 16 in NCAA

Reactions: know1
RIght? People are acting like Pope has a worse team than he did at BYU. He doesn't.
People are also acting like the Big XII was a cakewalk. It wasn't.

Anyone that says Pope will miss the tourney needs to be reminded that one JVC did that.....TWICE. And with more talent.
I would argue his previous team wasn’t near as talented but this team is A. Facing a very tough schedule B. Not one of these guys has played together. Popes BYU team was very coheisive and familiar with one another. Things here could go either way for this team

Makes no sense man. This team is a lot better than last years BYU team in the big12 and they deserved a 5 seed. Landed a 6. To me once Robinson committed that made us in contention for a 1 seed, 2 seed, or 3 seed. I wouldn’t argue 4-6 but beyond that I cannot understand the basis for thinking that. NIT? Whats the rationale?
Never played together. Never played in popes system. Pope doesn’t really know what he has until the season starts. There will be an adjustment period and we will lose games early. I think pope is going to struggle with some of these one year upper class men.

I would argue his previous team wasn’t near as talented but this team is A. Facing a very tough schedule B. Not one of these guys has played together. Popes BYU team was very coheisive and familiar with one another. Things here could go either way for this team

People aren't factoring n the much tougher ooc schedule. The overall schedule is way tougher than last years byu one.

As people have pointed out, fortunately far more talented. It will depend on how they mesh.

Bingo, who are these chicken littles that always say the sky is falling?
I don't see how being near or in the top 25 means the sky is falling. That's pretty good for year one in my opinion. Heck we might even win some games in the tournaments.

We have WAY more talent than last year's BYU team. Not even close.

Koby Brea, Andrew Carr, Lamont Butler, guys like Kerr Kriisa and Otega Oweh probably off the bench.

This team is WAY more talented than last year's BYU team.
Eh. I think you all are overating the talent. And it's affect.

So we got the 4th best player from a wake forest team that didn't make the NCAA tournament. And 3rd leading scorer who didn't start for Dayton. The 5th or 6th best point guard in the Mountain West. Not sure how much more they move the needle over starters in the big 12.

And bench players are nice. But depth is a luxury that separates the very top teams. No one is like, they are the 22nd best team in the nation, and maybe the 33rd best team playing behind them on the bench. We got the starting point guard from 9-23 West Virginia. That's nice. His 15 minutes isn't going to catapult us up a tier.

I think we are better than BYU was. They were a six see, we could get to 4.

I also feel 3–5 is the right range.

In this poll I picked the 1–3 range thinking 3. It’s definitely an optimistic take but I want a story for the ages to happen for us this year and I’m ready to do my part by believing in us from the ground up.

Pitino’s 92 Unforgettables were Duke’s 2 seed. We certainly don’t have a Mashburn this year. But outside that we’re probably a more talented team and certainly deeper. Our players compare favorably in terms of efficiency and compare dramatically favorably in terms of depth.

We haven’t played together before but we have a lot of high-IQ guys and we’ll be able to use that depth to play the guy out of the two (or three!) at each position who has learned his role best so far each game. I agree with SI we are being underrated. Our ceiling is way high and I can’t believe that Mark Pope will do a less than exceptional job of bringing us along towards our ceiling, given how he’s handled everything so far. A 3 seed is optimistic admittedly, but not really so unreasonable.

SEC is stacked this year. I’m assuming 2-3 OOC losses and probably 7-8 in league play. Good thing is by tournament time we should be battle tested and able to win a few.

Reactions: Zissou87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT