ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your favorite sports mascot

images.ashx

Hutto Hippos.

Used to be a guy back in the 70s maybe into the 80s that wore a cape and tried to put the hex on teams, not sure if this was for the Knicks or Bullets. Always got a kick out of him.

Grizzlies, the top of the food chain in North America. Without a weapon we humans don’t stand a chance. With a nod to wolves and tigers. I kind of like CU’s buffalo, Ralphie which they gallop around the field right before the game. Don’t think I would want to get in her way.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Grizzlies, the top of the food chain in North America. Without a weapon we humans don’t stand a chance. With a nod to wolves and tigers. I kind of like CU’s buffalo, Ralphie which they gallop around the field right before the game. Don’t think I would want to get in her way.
Do you recall when Ralphie got loose during a game years ago? Nothing like an adult buffalo bearing down on you.

Do you recall when Ralphie got loose during a game years ago? Nothing like an adult buffalo bearing down on you.
I do. Sadly I read today that a Bison bull injured a 9 year old girl in Yellowstone. They may not have horns like a Texas steer, but they can be dangerous. That’s one of the reasons every Ralphie has been a female.

I do. Sadly I read today that a Bison bull injured a 9 year old girl in Yellowstone. They may not have horns like a Texas steer, but they can be dangerous. That’s one of the reasons every Ralphie has been a female.
They are extremely dangerous and a lot of ranchers won't raise them due to their foul temper. Also, people are just stupid around animals these days.

Friend of my dad has some buffalo, and the bull kept tearing up his fencing. Dude got angry, and grabbed his rifle and shot him in the head. Dad started laughing and asked "What the hell you shootin' him for? That's a .22. You're just gonna make him mad." That bull would just shake his head everytime he shot it. Guy gave up after the 3 bullet.

Rhode-Island-School-Of-Design-Scrotie-The-Nads2.jpg

1. Rhode Island School Of Design: Scrotie The Nads
Rhode-Island-School-Of-Design-Scrotie-The-Nads3.jpg

Scrotie is perhaps the most ridiculous mascot ever embraced by a student body. The giant walking penis is awaited by spectators at every university sporting event, and the costume makes sense considering that the teams at the school are also crudely named after male genitalia. The basketball team is known as "The Balls" and the hockey team goes by the name "The Nads." How these names passed through university administration is beyond us, but they have become a part of school tradition. The basketball cheerleaders even go by the name "The Jockstraps," since they support The Balls.

Someone beat me to Ralphie.

Ralphie - Colorado
Bevo - Texas
Trojan - USC
Bengal - LSU

Worst

Mountaineer WVU
Smokey UT
Standford The goofy ass tree
Bama Ugly ass Elephant

Couple other good ones Auburn War Eagle and Sebastian Miami's mascot.

I love the determination of this guy:

On September 18, 2010, the Bobcats football team played the Ohio State Buckeyes in Columbus. As the Buckeyes were running onto the field, Brandon Hanning, dressed as Rufus, charged into the field. Hanning sideswiped and attempted to tackle Brutus Buckeye, but was unsuccessful and ended up losing his Bobcat head in the process. Upon returning to his feet, Hanning donned the head again, then ran after Brutus and jumped on his back and continued to hit the mascot in the head. Hanning was then pulled aside by security who told him to cut it out. Neither of the mascots were injured during the event. After the game, Hanning was terminated from his position as Ohio's mascot, and was banned from attending Ohio home athletic events. The game score went 43-7 in the Buckeyes' favor.

In a post-game interview, Hanning explained that this was his sole purpose in trying out to be the mascot. "It was actually my whole plan to tackle Brutus when I tried out to be mascot," Hanning explained, "I tried out about a year ago, and the whole reason I tried out was so I could come up here to Ohio State and tackle Brutus." While many thought this was Rufus' first offense against rival school's mascots, Hanning stated "Before this, I actually got in a fight with the Buffalo mascot. He's a bull. I started it. I was thinking I should go ahead and try out tackling another mascot. I brought a red square cape thing, like in a bullfight. He was just playing around, acting like he was charging me. I tackled him and put him on the ground. It was pretty funny. No one got upset because it wasn't Ohio State."

Following the game The Columbus Dispatch published a cartoon of a scrawny Brutus mascot lifting weights next to a picture of their next opponent's mascot in reference to being taken by surprise by Rufus the game before.

I don’t really have a favorite, but this thread made me remember the unofficial Dartmouth mascot.
Keggy.jpg

Keggy the Keg is the name. I can appreciate the bluntness of it.
That could be a beer keg or a giant douche either is acceptable

Reactions: ConRay9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT