ADVERTISEMENT

What Joe Craft has done for UK sports is unmatched and should be noted by fans. In this era, without him we would struggle.

bradyjames

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Murfreesboro , TN
Take it from somebody who has been able to pull the curtain back on NIL deals. The $ Uk fans think we have so much of typically is Joe and Kelly Craft.

I’ve been told things by people I trust. That he is literally the engine. When it comes to UK football/basketball I didn’t understand all that until this past year or two.

They really have helped us all in a way I didn’t understand. I’m not talking about a K Fund donation to put your name on the arena. I’m talking about the ability to hire the best of the best starts and ends with them.

Last edited:
I believe it for sure. Wonder if RJ Corman still does much? I know before his passing he did a lot. Just wondering if his company still helps?

I appreciate what he has done for UK athletics but it really makes you wonder how all of this is long term sustainable.

Reactions: d2atTech
Take it from somebody who has been able to pull the curtain back on NIL deals. The $ Uk fans think we have so much of typically is Joe and Kelly Craft.

I’ve been told things by people I trust. That he is literally the engine. When it comes to UK football/basketball that I know I didn’t understand until this past year.

They really have helped us all in a way I didn’t understand. I’m not talking about a K Fund donation to put your name on the arena. I’m talking about the ability to hire the best of the best starts and ends with them.
If that's all UK has, then the administration has done a sh*t job of cultivating relationshi8ps. That's pitiful.

I don't understand why our guys don't play in Rupp Arena sponsored by Jim Beam, have a Wild Turkey Invitational Shootout in November, and a Makers Mark Practice Facility

Reactions: EliteBlue
pretty telling that John Tyson got a standing ovation at Cal's press conference yesterday.

Its the world programs live in now.

Cal wouldn't let Oscar be used in a political ad for Kelly running for governor.

There's a few other reasons for the rift including the derby with Oscar, something rumored to have happened in Florida, kneeling thing, and some actual program reasons, etc. Some probably true, some are probably BS.

I'll happily become a billionaire and join the Crafts' in their philanthropy towards UK. If anyone wants to help me out with that. If you tracked my plane, it would be sitting on a runway near Storrs with $10-$15 Million in suitcases until Danny boy can resist.
Assuming you billionize, can I put in an application to be your hype man? Every Jay Z needs a Kanye.

I don't understand why our guys don't play in Rupp Arena sponsored by Jim Beam, have a Wild Turkey Invitational Shootout in November, and a Makers Mark Practice Facility
Probably because they are corporate owned, but just a guess.,

@bradyjames Do you have any insight on who you think we will get?
Unlike a lot of the media and others I don’t post unless I actually have some info. My experience is Mitch isn’t blabbing and telling anything.

My 100% guess is it’s Drew. But that’s no inside info in any way.

I appreciate what he has done for UK athletics but it really makes you wonder how all of this is long term sustainable.
It’s not.

Now especially in the NIL era, everyone is just at the mercy of what their rich boosters wants to pay. Very rich folks usually don’t like just throwing money with nothing in return and there has to be a bigger return than “my favorite team won.”

Reactions: gojvc
Unlike a lot of the media and others I don’t post unless I actually have some info. My experience is Mitch isn’t blabbing and telling anything.

My 100% guess is it’s Drew. But that’s no inside info in any way.
I appreciate the integrity. I would rather have Dan Hurley, but if we get Drew I could live with it. I think most are wanting clicks and seeing this as an opportunity to get more followers and make money off the UK coaching search.

Cal wouldn't let Oscar be used in a political ad for Kelly running for governor.

There's a few other reasons for the rift including the derby with Oscar, something rumored to have happened in Florida, kneeling thing, and some actual program reasons, etc. Some probably true, some are probably BS.
I wonder if Biden, Obama, or Beshear had wanted to use Oscar in an ad if Cal would’ve been ok with it? How was it any of Cal’s business anyway?
That is the Pandora’s Box that is called NIL. I see UK athletes all over billboards for ambulance chasing attorneys now. Not much difference to me.

I wonder if Biden, Obama, or Beshear had wanted to use Oscar in an ad if Cal would’ve been ok with it? How was it any of Cal’s business anyway?
That is the Pandora’s Box that is called NIL. I see UK athletes all over billboards for ambulance chasing attorneys now. Not much difference to me.
That’s always going to be his downfall. He thinks he can run everything. He forgets we are UK. Mitch did the exact right thing. Win or lose I support his decision not to counter.

Reactions: ck-2
It’d be nice if some of these millionaire nba players who made their names here would contribute a little bit but they didn’t go to UK. They went to John Vincent university.

Reactions: bradyjames
I get your feelings here, but personally I'd like to keep politics as far away from the players as possible whether it's Kelly or Andy. Plus it's definitely going to be used as negative recruiting, kid you go to KY and they are going to force you into political ads you don't agree with. NIL is a dumpster fire as it is without politics. There's just no real benefit to alienating a good portion of players and fans.

This board can't even talk politics for 5 minutes without going rabid.

The Reeves NIL thing is much bigger indicator of Cal's faults and laziness IMO.

No endorsements for politicians or political parties. That stuff is ruining the country. Keep it out of BBN.

Reactions: shakestheclown564
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT