ADVERTISEMENT

What is Cal's W/L against ranked opponents since 2015?

zf6mGrt.png
OrltJ5B.png

Because I'm bored at work I created a spreadsheet of Kentucky's record since 2015 and added some screenshots above. Each color is a different season. By my count, 8 losses against ranked opponents were by 5 points or less.
Fantastic work. Thank you

So since the 20-21 season, we are 6-17 against ranked opponents. And 4 of those 6 wins are against Tennessee.
Yeah.

The last 3 years have been REALLY bad. And I've called for Cal's job a ton.

But I'll give the guy credit. He is trying to change things. He prioritized shooting. He is reinvigorated on the recruiting trail and we're getting elite recruits again. The offense is no longer dribble around the 3 point line for 28 seconds and then shoot a fade away OR lob it to the big man in the paint. We're playing 5 out. We're taking a ton of 3's.

The things I've needed to see from Cal, I've seen. I'm going to forgive the Kansas loss--as I didn't expect us to be as in the game as we were without a single 7 footer.

If we lose vs Miami and UNC, I'll be back to being miserable and mad with the rest of you.

This is probably one of the most embarrassing stats to me. Probably gets more embarrassing when you break down losses to rivals/blue bloods during that time.

Im not a title or bust guy anymore, but you got to perform vs the top 25 and your rivals.

Yeah.

The last 3 years have been REALLY bad. And I've called for Cal's job a ton.

But I'll give the guy credit. He is trying to change things. He prioritized shooting. He is reinvigorated on the recruiting trail and we're getting elite recruits again. The offense is no longer dribble around the 3 point line for 28 seconds and then shoot a fade away OR lob it to the big man in the paint. We're playing 5 out. We're taking a ton of 3's.

The things I've needed to see from Cal, I've seen. I'm going to forgive the Kansas loss--as I didn't expect us to be as in the game as we were without a single 7 footer.

If we lose vs Miami and UNC, I'll be back to being miserable and mad with the rest of you.
Correct response. I think we're all disappointed we didn't win last night but also understand it looks like some of the changes we wanted have come. Lets see if we can win some of these other big games.

Reactions: Cats192
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT