ADVERTISEMENT

What if Cal Went to UCLA?

AGEE11

Junior
Jan 10, 2014
Saw online where someone close to him says he regrets not going to UCLA in 2019 (so do we).

I can't remember the coaching landscape back then really well, but who do you all think we would have gotten then?

Hurley hadn't done anything to be on the radar

Oats was moving from Buffalo to Alabama

Drew hadn't won a title yet

Billy D was still with the Thunder

Not sure any of the current top candidates would have even been on our radar then,

Who would Mitch have went after?

Tennessee was at risk of losing Barnes to UCLA at about the same time - would have been a wild search for either team

Reactions: AGEE11
I'd say Beard or Miller.

Maybe if Barney grew balls you take a run at Pearl.

Wright would have laughed and rolled his eyes.

Jay Wright, Chris Beard, Bruce Pearl, Tony Bennett (who’d just won the title) and Mark Few were about the hottest names at the time.

Saw online where someone close to him says he regrets not going to UCLA in 2019 (so do we).

I can't remember the coaching landscape back then really well, but who do you all think we would have gotten then?

Not sure any of the current top candidates would have even been on our radar then,

If Cal had gone I think UK may have another title by now. Instead we got nothing but crap from the arrogant coach named John Calipari.

I thought that's where he'd end up...why he and USC didn't shake out is beyond me.

LA scene full of showtime. Coach Bronny James and/or the kids of other pros. Sit courtside at Clipper, Laker, Warrior games watching all his former players.

If not LA, some other coastal port/destination city.

I really thought that is what made most sense.

I thought that's where he'd end up...why he and USC didn't shake out is beyond me.

LA scene full of showtime. Coach Bronny James and/or the kids of other pros. Sit courtside at Clipper, Laker, Warrior games watching all his former players.

If not LA, some other coastal port/destination city.

I really thought that is what made most sense.
When USC opened up, I thought he'd head there or Bronny if nothing else. Gotta a little down when the took Muss, but little did we know

Sean Miller
No. Miller’s name stopped being a hot property on the day in 2018 when the FBI announced that Adidas investigation with findings implicating Miller.

No top-tier program would even consider him in a search when he still had that unresolved issue hanging over his head.

Odds are we would not have had a losing season and lost 2 opening round games.

Beard would of been 1st call. Then Miller.

Mitch doesn't want no part of BD I guess

I'd say Jay Wright, Tony Bennett and Tom Izzo would have been the 2019 version of Hurley,Drew and Donovan.

If i had to choose if Cal took Arkansas or UCLA, I would pick Arkansas 100 times.

It would piss fans off beyond belief if he left UK for UCLA and won a title.

It just shows how much he is in denial. UCLA wasn’t going to cover up his flaws any more than any other program could.

I'd say Beard or Miller.

I think it very likely would’ve been Beard. That would’ve been seen as a great fit for both of him and us at the time.

But we wouldn’t have even considered Miller in 2019. He’d already been rendered a toxic property due to that FBI/Adidas scandal by then.

I think it very likely would’ve been Beard. That would’ve been seen as a great fit for both of him and us at the time.

But we wouldn’t have even considered Miller in 2019. He’d already been rendered a toxic property due to that FBI/Adidas scandal by then.
Don't think Mitch would have had Beard at the top.
Too much likeness to BCG.
Can't see Mitch liking Beard over Bennett in '19.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT