ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting What’s Next?

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
The Mark Pope recruiting era is off to a hot start with highly-ranked local commits Malachi Moreno and Jasper Johnson. Those two give him a lot of momentum heading into the fall. Who else could join them in the class?

Braylon Mullins: Kentucky is firmly in the mix for Mullins, and if he leaves the state of Indiana I think Kentucky is the betting favorite. Indiana will have a lot of NIL opportunities for the home state prospect, but is the offense a fit for him and will Woodson be on the hot seat?

Tounde Yessoufou: Baylor has a lot of momentum following his visit to Waco. Right now I view this as a Kentucky/Baylor battle. It all comes down the the Kentucky visit.

Caleb Wilson: This one interests me a lot. NIL will be a be talking point in the recruitment throughout, but Kentucky is in good shape in that department. Arkansas is also really in the mix, but Pope has really made him a priority. Think I’d label Kentucky as a dark horse here.

Chris Cenac: I’d put Kentucky in the second grouping of schools in this recruitment. I think they’re going to be able to make up ground, but as of today I’d bet on him ending up elsewhere.

Nate Ament: Another one that intrigues me. Wants to go somewhere where he can get on-ball reps. Pope’s offense allows that at every position.

Mikel Brown: Don’t see UK being the choice here, but one of my favorite guards in the class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.