ADVERTISEMENT

Weird names on the New Mexico state team

NMS is practically a brand new team including the head coach. Last year's team was team turmoil players quit or kicked off accused of sexual assault one guy accused of shooting someone but was exonerated. The players had no respect for their young coach they even depants him in public. Their team will be newer than ours and a lot less talented.

Great, Dave. A juvenile thread designed to make UK fans look like petty, small idiots.
He's just reaching as a Cal fan. The bar has been lowered at UK for sometime, and this is what they do now to try and convince everyone we're still the "gold standard". No inbounds plays? Run the same offense scheme over and over? Players dictating playing time? Nothing to see here, folks.

You guys trash Dave but not his brother Paul.

tumblr_n1xwonc0Ad1qedb29o1_500.gif

He's just reaching as a Cal fan. The bar has been lowered at UK for sometime, and this is what they do now to try and convince everyone we're still the "gold standard". No inbounds plays? Run the same offense scheme over and over? Players dictating playing time? Nothing to see here, folks.
Seriously ? It is a skill honestly , you take something that couldn't be further from having anything at all to do with our coach and somehow make it about him. He is living rent free in your head so bad it ain't funny. And it seems like unless you have pitch fork in Cal's yard you are a Cal slurper or some such. LOL . God forbid some of us have a balanced view . You know how acknowledging the last 3 seasons have been underachieving come tourney time ( though the 2001-2002 regular season was a great success and was one of the most fun teams we have had IMO ) BUT also realizing Cal didn't just forget how to coach and its clear he has stepped up his recruiting prowess again and made some coaching changes and anything less then a Final 4 this season will be a massive disappointment .

I think the weirdest one I ever heard was something like Mamadu Enjye. Sounds like something a Star Trooper would yell when Obiwan stuck a light saber up his as…. err, nostril. Think the guy played for Auburn but not certain

Guy at work named his son LaJohnTay…yes three capitalized letters in it. Should be on MNF’s ‘C’mon Man’.
I can get over the capital letters , but it sounds like it should be his daughters name ??

PS .. you could go to any soccer team in the NAIA Mid South conference at least , and find an entire roster of names that are most certainly not American .. my point is everyone .. even NAIA level , fills their roster with players from all over the globe .. started more than a decade ago , never forget going to watch a Shawnee St ( near my hometown) play Cambellsville about 8 years ago .. their starting 5 had 2-3 guys from over seas , 2 from Florida and 1-2 players from the west coast . Dont ask me how an Naia school recruits internationally .

Last edited:

Pos.
Cl.Ht.Hometown
Marco Kramer
Daniel Merino CorreaGKSr6-0Madrid, Spain
Fernando AlvarezDSo5-9Santiago, Chile
Rodrigo BassoDJr6-0Santiago, Chile
Bobby TurnerDSo6-3England
Gabriel ManjaboscoDFr6-4Brazil
Cristobal EncinaMFSr5-8Santiago, Chile
Vilius LabutisMFJr5-11Ireland
Charlie ChechlaczMFSr5-8Liecestershire, England
Gabriel SilvaFSo5-11Sao Luis, Brazil
Justin JimenezMFFr5-7Costa Rica
Osvaldo PereriaFJr5-7Campo Grande, Brazil
Diego MontenegroDJr5-9Santiago, Chile
Oton Merin TorroGKJr5-8Spain
Diego MartinezMFSo5-9Santiago, Chile
Dean BregenzerFFr6-3Switzerland
Micah ParsonsMFSo5-11Rotherham, England
George ChandlerMFSo6-0Southampton, England
Benjamin Cam OrellanaMFJr5-11Santiago, Chile
Altan SayarMFFr5-10Switzerland
Ignacio Rullan Del OlmoMFSo5-11Madrid, Spain
Josh SmithDEFSO5-10Limavady, Ireland
Samuel WarkFWDSO5-6Aberdeen, Scotland
Harry WalshMFSO6-1Letchworth Garden City, England
Devon BerryFWDSO5-10Manchester, England
Luke WithamDEFSO6-3Leicester, England
Roman WaefflerDFr-Switzerland
Luis JesseDFr5-10Germany
Jan BugenhagenFR6-2
Marti Puigsegur CalvoMFFr5-9Spain

This is rather insane .. Rio Grande , a no where town of 2-3 K people .. NAIA level , and they somehow have a roster of international players . even the guys with traditional American names are from England

Not 1 scholarship dollar to a kid from Ohio .. kinda sad really that winning takes precedent over American student athletes . I hear its the same everywhere , even in golf , anyway if that makes me a bad person for wishing American students got some that opportunity , then so be it .

I think the weirdest one I ever heard was something like Mamadu Enjye. Sounds like something a Star Trooper would yell when Obiwan stuck a light saber up his as…. err, nostril. Think the guy played for Auburn but not certain
He did. I went to look him up after reading this post and saw their are two other Mamadou Ndiaye's that played D-1 basketball a few years back. One at UC Irvine and the other at St. Peters.

Reactions: kybassfan
Names from non-European countries are shooting fish in a barrel in terms of funny sounding names. For example, Southern Asian names sometimes go on for several lines. On the other hand, if you read the (allegedly) historical books of the Bible the names just look like a handful of Scrabble tiles.

Names from non-European countries are shooting fish in a barrel in terms of funny sounding names. For example, Southern Asian names sometimes go on for several lines. On the other hand, if you read the (allegedly) historical books of the Bible the names just look like a handful of Scrabble tiles.
I'm always reminded of a Family Guy line everytime I try to learn a new name from a non-European or non-Latin culture. I'm sincerely interested in getting it right, but my brain goes..."Hmm. Let read this name.....holy $%&! look at all those vowels!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT