ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Report For Gainesville

Sawnee Cat

All-American
Aug 18, 2007
Florida Gulf Coast
Fears for having to play the Gators in the Swamp in September because of heat, sunshine and humidity can be set aside today. There are high chances of stormy weather most of the afternoon and they decrease as game time approaches. Afternoon thunderstorms have an 80% chance of happening and decrease to 45% at kick off. The temperature at kick off is expected to be 77°. That is November temperatures, minus the rain.

So skip the sun screen and bring plenty of rain gear. Let's put on our game faces and go to war in the Swamp

I live South and West of Gainesville and we have 72° and sunshine at the present time. See you there.

Fears for having to play the Gators in the Swamp in September because of heat, sunshine and humidity can be set aside today. There are high chances of stormy weather most of the afternoon and they decrease as game time approaches. Afternoon thunderstorms have an 80% chance of happening and decrease to 45% at kick off. The temperature at kick off is expected to be 77°. That is November temperatures, minus the rain.

So skip the sun screen and bring plenty of rain gear. Let's put on our game faces and go to war in the Swamp

I live South and West of Gainesville and we have 72° and sunshine at the present time. See you there.
This benefits UK.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I'm not a weatherman but then again this is central Florida. Everyone can predict the weather in Florida. Basically the same thing every day. Hot and humid early. Thunderstorms rolling in around 3pm and stop at 6pm. And it will be clear skies and high 70's by game time.

I'm not a weatherman but then again this is central Florida. Everyone can predict the weather in Florida. Basically the same thing every day. Hot and humid early. Thunderstorms rolling in around 3pm and stop at 6pm. And it will be clear skies and high 70's by game time.
Yep. I was stationed in FL. Very accurate.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Not yet, but we're here til Thursday morning. Thanks for the recommendation.
IMO the best fried chicken from a grocery. We always get it when we visit family in Atlanta or head to the beach.

My brother also swears by their deli sandwiches but I’ve never tried them.

post rain humidity. come prepared y'all !! November in Florida still gets 90% humidity after a muggy day of rain

Dad used to call it the 5 o’clock express when we went on vacation down there. And most days, sure enough. It would rain for about an hour and then clear off.

Florida is not bad climate wise, but that humidity in central FL is some how even worse than here at times. Ugh.

Stick to the shoreline. Where at least you get an ocean or gulf breeze to help with that.

77 with ~90% humidity is still really hot.
It is better than 85 with high humidity, though, obviously.
And dew points are approaching the upper 70s down there right now. It’s going to be muggy as hell.

it’s almost 1 down there and it feels like a balmy 93°

I’ll be perfectly fine watching this one in the AC thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT