ADVERTISEMENT

Was This our First Quad one Win?

I am not sure. But it was a home win and after that they got upset by a weak team. So I do not know where they rank currently.

Yes, this was our first quad 1 win.

Team sheet: Link

Miami is only ranked 61 in the NET rankings. Hope they can rise to top 30 by seasons end.

Our remaining schedule has 2 more quad 1 home games and 6 more quad 1 road games. If Gonzaga can rise and stay above a NET 30 ranking that would be an additional quad 1 home game. And if Miami can right the ship and get above NET 30 that would be another.

If we win all those and assuming Gonzaga can rise to top 30, we can expect a Quad 1 record of 10-1.

That UNC Wilmington loss is an ugly quad 3 loss which will drag us down.

Edit: fixed link

Last edited:
Another note: Saint Joe’s is actually closer to a quad 1 win right now than Miami - they are ranked 48 versus Miami’s ranking of 61. But St. Joe’s schedule is so weak they’d have to really go on a run and get some key wins to rise to quad 1 status.

I wouldn't focus so much on that at this point of the season.

NET rankings teams jump wildly at this time. My opinion is they shouldn't even publish the NET rankings until later on in the season.

Plus the whole grouping of things to me is ridiculous. So you beat the 30th ranked team at home = Q1 win. You beat the 31st team at home = Q2 win. As if the difference between the 30th and 31st is some huge amount. The binning is just silly.

And at the end of the day the committee should just look at the ranking of teams and not just take the easy route of "well Team A is X-Y in Q1 games"

The net and quad are as dumb as hell.

UK has 2 top 10 basketball wins ooc and that's what the eye test tells me. Unfortunately we also have a bad loss to unc chumpington as well. We have to win the SEC and beat down Gonzaga to further make up for that bad loss if we want a good seed.
True.

But we will win the SEC and we will beat the crap out of Gonzaga

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT