ADVERTISEMENT

Wanna watch a tar heel embarrass himself?

Montana81

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004

Heated discussion between Patrick Beverly and Rashaad McCants on Gilbert Arenas show.

Beverly kind of makes McCants look like an arrogant ass with no self awareness.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't know anything about Patrick Beverly, but I wouldn't be on the same stage with a Tarheel recruited by Roy Williams and Gilbert Arenas -- the over-under on concealed deadly weapons between those two is six, and Roy's Boys were all skating on the edge of the drug culture -- hell, he let Will Graves use one of his properties as a stash house.

We know where the "Jailhawk" culture started in Kansas -- with Roy Williams. Self perfected it in Lawrence and Williams transplanted it to Chapel Hill. It's fun to be able to laugh in the faces of Tarheel fans who grew up drinking the "Carolina Way" koolaid only to see their program exposed as the worst of the worst for academic fraud.

Last edited:
D
6 idiots with too much money, wasn’t worth listening to. The profanity and racial slurs were pathetic. If 6 white guys spoke like that they they’d be called racist.
Why does color matter for dialog to be considered racist ? There are several podcast and shows that have white guys sitting around shooting the breeze and using bad language. Even white dudes with too much money. If you are referring to them using rhe n word, then yes I agree if 6 white dudes sitting around talking used it, they would be considered racist, as the should be if they did.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
D

Why does color matter for dialog to be considered racist ? There are several podcast and shows that have white guys sitting around shooting the breeze and using bad language. Even white dudes with too much money. If you are referring to them using rhe n word, then yes I agree if 6 white dudes sitting around talking used it, they would be considered racist, as the should be if they did.
It matters because if you’re a certain race you get away with saying the N word, but if you’re a different race, especially white you’d be called a racist. If blacks are offended by the N word then they shouldn’t use it. Not one of the panel members called the others out for using it, apparently they’re okay with it.

It matters because if you’re a certain race you get away with saying the N word, but if you’re a different race, especially white you’d be called a racist. If blacks are offended by the N word then they shouldn’t use it. Not one of the panel members called the others out for using it, apparently they’re okay with it.
Seriously? Not saying I agree with them using the word, but it's part of their culture (not sure culture is the best term I'm trying to use). But yeah, a white man should not, or even want to use that word. It's a deep rooted hateful word created by the white man and its sole purpose was meant to be used in a derogatory, hateful manner. There really isn't any debate related to being OK for whites to use that word. NONE, Zero, Notta. Blacks using the word toward each other I do not interpret as being racist. Now "brother/ brotha/bro/bruh, is a word all races can relate with each other and not be racist.

McCants and Beverly were comparing careers. McCants thinks he had the better career despite only lasting 4 seasons compared to Beverly’s now 10+ because McCants was drafted in the lottery and didn’t have to work his way onto a roster where as Beverly had to go the overseas route initially and find his way back.

Beverly then made the comment about wanting to wear McCants crown to feel how light it was and McCants was too dumb to understand he was being insulted.

Seriously, McCants is an idiot. He wasn’t lying when he said he never had to go to class and UNC was cooking his grades to keep him eligible. I had never really listened to him talk before and this segment just reinforces any belief you had about whether or not UNC was making these dudes do any studying or class work. Not that i ever had much doubt.

McCants doesn’t even sound like he has a high school education let alone kept up with his grades through 3 years of college. And the dude is 38 years old.

I don't know anything about Patrick Beverly, but I wouldn't be on the same stage with a Tarheel recruited by Roy Williams and Gilbert Arenas -- the over-under on concealed deadly weapons between those two is six, and Roy's Boys were all skating on the edge of the drug culture -- hell, he let Will Graves use one of his properties as a stash house.

We know where the "Jailhawk" culture started in Kansas -- with Roy Williams. Self perfected it in Lawrence and Williams transplanted it to Chapel Hill. It's fun to be able to laugh in the faces of Tarheel fans who grew up drinking the "Carolina Way" koolaid only to see their program exposed as the worst of the worst for academic fraud.
K

there is not much better that to look at the and laugh and shake your head and say. “The Carolina Way “

Reactions: Fox2monk
Seriously? Not saying I agree with them using the word, but it's part of their culture (not sure culture is the best term I'm trying to use). But yeah, a white man should not, or even want to use that word. It's a deep rooted hateful word created by the white man and its sole purpose was meant to be used in a derogatory, hateful manner. There really isn't any debate related to being OK for whites to use that word. NONE, Zero, Notta. Blacks using the word toward each other I do not interpret as being racist. Now "brother/ brotha/bro/bruh, is a word all races can relate with each other and not be racist.
Lmao this sounds absolutely ridiculous. I get that it’s just “the way it is” for whatever reason. However, it should be considered racist no matter who uses the term. Have always thought this was asinine and hypocritical as you can get.

Exactly. If that word is so offensive they should stop using it over and over again. What word do other ethnicities own that no one else can say?

Was he on the Honor Roll at UNC?

LOL
Dean's list.

I gave up on it after like 30 seconds. Could barely understand anything being said. Just a bunch of dudes talking over each other while mumbling and throwing out the N word.
billy-madison-dumber.gif

I’ve never
D

I’ve never seen a show where white dudes sit around and call others N word for ten minutes.

Hit me up with a link if you’ve got a clip of that happening

I’ve never

I’ve never seen a show where white dudes sit around and call others N word for ten minutes.

Well it’s not a group of white dudes but there is a song by Riley Reid where she says it like 48 times. It’s on YT, I’m not going to link it.

Exactly. If that word is so offensive they should stop using it over and over again. What word do other ethnicities own that no one else can say?
None. Every other ethnicity has a slur for their own race, but it’s considered hateful no matter who uses it. Because discriminating who can and who can’t use a word, based on race, is by definition- racist.

Last edited:
Discriminating who can and who can’t use a word, based entirely on race, is racist. By legal definition in every scholarly accepted dictionary, that is definitional racial discrimination.

And for the folks who say “the minority CANT be racist!” I would direct your attention to the Nazi party in Germany before and during WWll as the most recent, memorable example how dangerously wrong that line of thinking is.

D

Really?

I’ve never

Duh. So you are saying 6 white don't sit around saying the N word on live TV. I'm shocked. But I'm sure there is of them sitting around shooting the breeze and cussing. I never said white guys sitting around saying the N word. You made that up to bolster your losing argument.

I think this is a stupid excuse being made to justify some people being able to get a free pass at so many things that others would never even want to be able to get a free pass at.

McCants and Beverly were comparing careers. McCants thinks he had the better career despite only lasting 4 seasons compared to Beverly’s now 10+ because McCants was drafted in the lottery and didn’t have to work his way onto a roster where as Beverly had to go the overseas route initially and find his way back.

Beverly then made the comment about wanting to wear McCants crown to feel how light it was and McCants was too dumb to understand he was being insulted.

Seriously, McCants is an idiot. He wasn’t lying when he said he never had to go to class and UNC was cooking his grades to keep him eligible. I had never really listened to him talk before and this segment just reinforces any belief you had about whether or not UNC was making these dudes do any studying or class work. Not that i ever had much doubt.

McCants doesn’t even sound like he has a high school education let alone kept up with his grades through 3 years of college. And the dude is 38 years old.
Mccants has said a lot of dumb stuff on that show .

I will say that sometimes they argue with him just to argue . Earlier in that episode Mccants made sense during the homie/teammate argument yet Kenyon Martin made it seem like teammates can’t be friends off the court .

Duh. So you are saying 6 white don't sit around saying the N word on live TV. I'm shocked. But I'm sure there is of them sitting around shooting the breeze and cussing. I never said white guys sitting around saying the N word. You made that up to bolster your losing argument.
Look. Pat Mcafee show has mainly white dudes shooting the bull and some cuss words will fly

But Gilbert arenas show is all black guys and McCants in particular was vulgar as you csn be, arrogant, and sitting with a tiara on his head…looking like the clown he is. But he was mad as a hornet at Beverly and in anger taunted him calling him N word at least a handful of times. It was racist.

But it’s Ok since he’s black to act that way

Look. Pat Mcafee show has mainly white dudes shooting the bull and some cuss words will fly

But Gilbert arenas show is all black guys and McCants in particular was vulgar as you csn be, arrogant, and sitting with a tiara on his head…looking like the clown he is. But he was mad as a hornet at Beverly and in anger taunted him calling him N word at least a handful of times. It was racist.

But it’s Ok since he’s black to act that way

The thing is if the word is so bad and hurts so many people then why do they use it 10000 times a day in everything they do? It’s hypocrisy at its finest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT