ADVERTISEMENT

Wade

I can understand them wanting to play together but Destin was never going to be anything other than a back-up QB. He was given the opportunity to compete as promised but we’re no longer at the point where we need to stroke someone’s ego to keep them here. Keaten played both years, had 30+ tackles last year and would have been in the rotation. Hate to see them transfer, especially to play for Deon Sanders, but wish them luck.

Amazing the Wades left. Don’t think I saw Keaton play at All. Big mistake for him to leave.
I watched the whole Colorado game and never saw him (same last year for Vito Tisdale and Smoke)....I looked on the Colorado 2 deep depth chart and he's not on there either. Maybe he's injured.

But that family made a bad decision....his brother ain't a QB and Keaton was in line to be the starting Jack at UK. I am not sure JJ comes back if Wade comes back. But at worst he'd have 2 years after this year to be starting Jack LB at UK (in SEC) assuming he can hold off Fearby.

And to imagine kids from a solid family want to leave the culture at UK to go to Grand Theft Auto culture of Sanders.....go figure. If it was NIL that was part of the reason.....you don't think Sanders will pull his NIL in a New York second if he ain't playing.

Just to be Devil's Advocate, if Keaton can't start at Colorado whose defense is very suspect, what makes anyone think he wouldn't have been beaten out here (and, hence, a contributing factor to his decision to leave)? Yes, he saw plenty of snaps his years here, but, imho, he never really shined. Both years he played for us, we desperately needed a consistent edge rusher, which was his spot, and his production was not that great. I'm not saying he wouldn't have contributed this year, but, in light of his current situation, I'm not convinced that he would have been much more than a spot guy who played a few snaps every game and not a guy we count on for 50+ snaps a game.

Daddy thinks they can play anywhere, that's a problem a lot of coaches have to deal with, parents that just can't see how thing really are. Thats the quickest way to ruin a kid's career, thinking you know better than the coach.

Just to be Devil's Advocate, if Keaton can't start at Colorado whose defense is very suspect, what makes anyone think he wouldn't have been beaten out here (and, hence, a contributing factor to his decision to leave)? Yes, he saw plenty of snaps his years here, but, imho, he never really shined. Both years he played for us, we desperately needed a consistent edge rusher, which was his spot, and his production was not that great. I'm not saying he wouldn't have contributed this year, but, in light of his current situation, I'm not convinced that he would have been much more than a spot guy who played a few snaps every game and not a guy we count on for 50+ snaps a game.
Good point! Maybe that’s why he left! But he was getting snaps here and was actually performing pretty well.

Hoping Fearbry makes us forget Wade!!!

Imo he was playing the wrong position. He is a wlb not a jack. He showed zero indication of pass rush ability beyond being a good athlete. In fearbry, i saw more potential in a few snaps than i ever saw for wade at that position.

That said, he made some really good plays in space so he definitely had potential just not at jack.

Imo the same thing applies to jj. We keep trying to ram into a position he just doesn't excel. All his sacks so far came from determination or athleticism. Now compare his ints. Night and day.

Also imo we benefitted from wade leaving. It let us play afari more and afari is much better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT