ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Radio Talking about UK

Ah, because Virginia is full of experts on blue blood anything. Useless chatter to drum up listeners.

Talking about UK...that's rich. I took my daughter on a college visit to UVA right after they won it all, they had banners all over about their upcoming football season, not 1 thing about the BB championship.

Now that’s clickbait. The fact that they are even having that conversation proves how high up the totem pole UK is. You don’t talk about non-BlueBloods struggling on random VA radio show

That fact that ANYONE is questioning our Blue Blood status just pisses me off. I don't care if they have a clue or not (and they don't).

It's just the fact that someone has a reason (albeit misguided) to even approach the subject. Grrrrr.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Talking about UK...that's rich. I took my daughter on a college visit to UVA right after they won it all, they had banners all over about their upcoming football season, not 1 thing about the BB championship.
I lived in Charlottesville, for a decade, while they were getting good. Those folks fully embraced Bennett and that team. Not calling you a liar, but that was def not my experience in CVille. I went to games at JPJ and that place was jumping.

Tony Bennett may have a boring Offense, but I've met the man and had brief conversations. He's a hell of a human being. Especially compared to our 'coach'.

I lived in Charlottesville, for a decade, while they were getting good. Those folks fully embraced Bennett and that team. Not calling you a liar, but that was def not my experience in CVille. I went to games at JPJ and that place was jumping.

Tony Bennett may have a boring Offense, but I've met the man and had brief conversations. He's a hell of a human being. Especially compared to our 'coach'.
Just didn't see a thing about it, thought it was odd.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Tbf, their football team sucks too. That's TRULY an academic school.....and a damn good one.

Reactions: Bluesbrother

Tony Bennett the man I like. TB the Coach makes me want to gouge out my eyes and rinse the sockets with bleach.

Yep. Who knows.

Glad you made it out of Berkeley East alive. I love the history around there, but damn what a politics obsessed town. You darn near have to be a full fledged Commie to exist in that town.
Ha ha, yes. My daughter was accepted, turned it down for GW. No politics going on there, lol.

Yep. Who knows.

Glad you made it out of Berkeley East alive. I love the history around there, but damn what a politics obsessed town. You darn near have to be a full fledged Commie to exist in that town.
Always had a soft spot for Virginia(the state, not the team). Kentucky was called “Virginia’s daughter” during the civil war period (1840s-1870s). Just look at our courthouses, and county names. We’re just a offshoot of Virginia with less cotton.

You took the wrong tour.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
you never stop being a blue blood ............some like IU get put into the hibernating column ... ok ok...... i guess if the fan base that remembers the greatness dies off completely then the blue blood will be forgotten but that takes like 60 years so IU has a couple decades left to try and get back before memory forgets them being a blue blood.

some people out there think blue blood just means top programs of the decade it seems.

We are king blue blood and the fact that they are talking about us in Virginia just further proves it

Tony Bennett the man I like. TB the Coach makes me want to gouge out my eyes and rinse the sockets with bleach.
You know I tried to study this when watching them in the tourney to see what it is that makes them so low scoring and boring because you think its because they just hold the ball and dribble out the shot clock before getting into their offense, but thats not it!

They do run sets that require a lot of passes to get the ball moving but they are trying to score off every pass and the issue is they just dont have many athletes that can get their own shot off the dibble or creating space for jumpers. At the same time they are coache to work it for a good look, So what ends up happening is they work and work driving and kicking with clear shot and burn the shot clock.

Four of the first 5 possessions the other day they ran the shot clock down to 3 seconds or less or had a violation and everytime they were trying like hell to find a good shot. They just couldnt get free.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT