ADVERTISEMENT

Veterinary prices seem to have skyrocketed.

Bill - Shy Cat

All-American
Mar 29, 2002
I'm a sucker for taking care of animals in trouble. In addition to two Jack Russells, I rescued two other pups from death row at the animal shelter. I also started feeding two feral cats a couple of years ago, they had kittens before I could have them fixed. I now have 4 pups, 5 cats and a wild racoon that likes to eat with the cats at night. They are all now spayed and neutered and have all of their annual shots. Vet bills are killing me. Anyone else see an astronomical increase in vet bills?

I'm a sucker for taking care of animals in trouble. In addition to two Jack Russells, I rescued two other pups from death row at the animal shelter. I also started feeding two feral cats a couple of years ago, they had kittens before I could have them fixed. I now have 4 pups, 5 cats and a wild racoon that likes to eat with the cats at night. They are all now spayed and neutered and have all of their annual shots. Vet bills are killing me. Anyone else see an astronomical increase in vet bills?
No pets Bill-Shy, things expensive enough with two daughters in college 💰🍺

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I can't tell as I'm not Dr Doolittle. It's a good thing what you're doing though. If my Wife had her way it woulf be a domestic zoo around here.

• Love
I can't tell as I'm not Dr Doolittle. It's a good thing what you're doing though. If my Wife had her way it woulf be a domestic zoo around here.
Mine does and it is. There's anywhere from 10 to 15 feral cats showing up for a morning meal at our business. There is a lady working with a charity helping catch, neuter and spay them. If one gets sick mine doctors it, then if necessary takes it to a vet. There was one a few years ago that had cancer. The closest vet specializing in cancer was two plus hours away in Nashville, so we made numerous trips to Nashville and spent several thousand dollars on a stray cat. The cancer treatment worked and he became a house cat.

I don’t have an answer, but I appreciate what you do for these animals.

I am a total wimp when it comes to animals. It melts my heart everytime I see one. I used to own dogs and cats until I retired and started traveling so much.

A friend of mine owns a rescue shelter and I donate him money from time to time, more often than not it's because I have a guilty conscious.

When we were in East TN for the holidays, I had to get Sam some medical attention. He got a steroid shot and a 10 day prescription. It was $179.00 Yesterday, we had to take him to his vet down here because his collapsing trachea was really irritated. He got another steroid shot, another round of steroids, and a cough suppressant. The bill for that? $118, which was $61 cheaper even though we had an extra medication.

When we were in East TN for the holidays, I had to get Sam some medical attention. He got a steroid shot and a 10 day prescription. It was $179.00 Yesterday, we had to take him to his vet down here because his collapsing trachea was really irritated. He got another steroid shot, another round of steroids, and a cough suppressant. The bill for that? $118, which was $61 cheaper even though we had an extra medication.
This is true! A lot depends on where you live. Our Vet in Fort Myers charges 69 dollars for a ONE YEAR rabies shot. Our Vet in the Blue Ridge Mountains charges 25 dollars for a THREE YEAR rabies shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT