ADVERTISEMENT

USFL - XFL

TOMCATS1990

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2019
I have watched a little of the XFL and it’s not a bad product. USFL just started yesterday and will watch some also. Thoughts? Both are on at the same time today and happened to flip over to Houston - Michigan game of USFL and caught Terry Wilson taking some snaps in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: JasonRDunn
It's a different game but amusing at the same time. I don't know how long they can keep peoples attention or, if its popularity is eminent or not. Without Bud
200.gif
Light as a sponsor, how in the world can they proceed!? lol

• Haha
Reactions: WestWorld
The XFL games I have got to watch are much better than any NFL games I saw the last few years... The new USFL game are a joy to watch also, so far better to me than NFL... I am not saying the NFL is trash but there are rules they should adopt to be better tan the trash they show now... I love the replay system they have in the XFL and the USFL...

GBB

There is a KY (the state not our Univ) boy playing QB in that league. Or at least there was. Dukes kid out of Bullitt County. Watched him play a few times growing up and he won a natty in his division of CFB (not D1)..

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Yep, those things definitely got my immediate attention. Was morer shocked at it really. Who thought this shit up? They're shootin' from the hip baby!

Better question is why are their multiple leagues. These leagues should be combined because this product is not sustainable. The real question is when will the NFL start a minor league system because that is the only type of league that can last long term. Until the NFL endorses one of these leagues they will be dead in a matter of time.

Better question is why are their multiple leagues. These leagues should be combined because this product is not sustainable. The real question is when will the NFL start a minor league system because that is the only type of league that can last long term. Until the NFL endorses one of these leagues they will be dead in a matter of time.
They had one for quite a few years with the NFL Europe. The league decided it didn’t need it anymore in the mid 2000’s. There were sone HOF’s that came out of that league too.

I could see a world (massive uphill battle and still unlikely but….) where the loser of these 2 leagues over the next few years gets bought out/conglomerated by the other to join forces and try to challenge the NFL.

With the NFL constantly pushing agendas and a lot of ppl being annoyed with it (but keep watching bc it’s the only show in town) now more than ever is the window for another league to challenge. Still an up hill battle but if you can get a could big name guys like TO or Chad Johnson when they washed out of the NFL but probably has a couple years left…make the money give 2nd/3rd string NFL guys a decision to make…and then abandon to over the top player safety rules to resemble the 90s/early 2000s and a lot of ppl would be willing to watch “real football” again. The mistake would be modeling the player safety rules where you can’t hit a guy across the middle etc combined w also embracing all the “causes” constantly (just play football) and the league getting too cute with random rules instead of just playing the game as millions already love it. If you make it too different then it isn’t a legit alternative…it’s just a weird bastardized version like arena football was (games were fun but it was so different that it wasn’t really a direct comparison and almost it’s own football centered sport)

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Why they dont partner up with the NFL and create farm teams has always puzzled me. Play the football at the same time as the NFL but on mid week nights. Everybody trains together like baseball does. You play everybody in the preseason, decide on your pro roster and send the rest to the AAA club. Maybe even expand rosters in December and allow 5 more spots or something to try out the top performers from AAA. Would be neat to have a farm team in say Louisville for the Colts and Lex for the Titans or Bungles. I know they could draw fans. Hell didnt the Redbirds draw great crowds for many. many years?

Reactions: gobigblue812
Why they dont partner up with the NFL and create farm teams has always puzzled me. Play the football at the same time as the NFL but on mid week nights. Everybody trains together like baseball does. You play everybody in the preseason, decide on your pro roster and send the rest to the AAA club. Maybe even expand rosters in December and allow 5 more spots or something to try out the top performers from AAA. Would be neat to have a farm team in say Louisville for the Colts and Lex for the Titans or Bungles. I know they could draw fans. Hell didnt the Redbirds draw great crowds for many. many years?
The answer the League would offer is "economics" I believe. This is, of course, just another way of them saying," I'm making good money at status quo. You're trying to get in my bankroll!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT