ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated Part of UConn's Title Win Last Night

KYExtemper

Senior
Mar 6, 2013
Several years ago UConn was falling apart. They were stuck in the American Athletic Conference and were not going anywhere after hiring Hurley. So, they decided to go independent in football - which is almost death for a program today that isn't Notre Dame - and got back to their roots in the Big East. I just think that's an underreported part of their title win last night.

I hate UCONN. With a passion. Many reasons. But I seem to not hate Hurley so much. He’s a good coach, seems like he loves his players, and is passionate. I hate that I don’t hate him.
Seeing his brother in the crowd did trigger a little hate towards him but Dan is a terrific HC and will win another title or 2 if he stays at UCONN

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Seeing his brother in the crowd did trigger a little hate towards him but Dan is a terrific HC and will win another title or 2 if he stays at UCONN
Yep I rooted hard for UConn to lose. I wanted to San Diego to win so bad, but Damn Hurley is a guy that you almost feel sorry for if you know the history and he seems like a good guy and so when it was all said and done I was glad to get to see him get his moment because he's always been overshadowed by his family and trying to live up to the expectations ppl had and it caused him alot of problem's in life. He had his moment but I hope he don't have too many more 😂.

I really think Dan Hurley would be a fantastic fit for UK after next year.
Why in the world would anyone think he would leave UConn for UK? We are no longer a destination for anything. UConn is an “it” program

Why in the world would anyone think he would leave UConn for UK? We are no longer a destination for anything. UConn is an “it” program
Kentucky is still one of the best programs historically. Why not be the guy who brings us back as Camelot?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Kentucky is far enough removed from CALs glory days you can find coaches who know they can restore the program and do a much better job then CAL but KY has a title and been to 4 final 4s in the past 13 years. Their will be a long list of Coaches who would welcome the challenge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT