ADVERTISEMENT

UK women lost again

Doubt anyone on here watched them play at #12 LSU today led by a HOF NC coach.
Thought they played with a lot of heart and were well coached considering they had 7 players. Plus it was the 4th game in 7 days.
Looks like Mitchell bailed right before last season and Elzy had to try and pick up the pieces. Had to dismiss 1 player and then a starter was injured and out for the season.
Not sure why she didn’t add a couple players during the summer if any were available.
Has 4 recruits coming.
I agree Mitch pulled the contract too fast. Watch her for awhile plus 6 years is too long.
I don’t know if she ‘s good coach but she deserves a chance to recruit and play with a full squad of her players.
Was impressed by the effort today even in a loss. UK doesn’t have any size.
Coach at minimum deserves a chance. Has a good resume.

Reactions: kl40504
Years ago I didn’t care a bit about UKs women’s team. Mitchell made it where I would at least keep up with them a bit and maybe even watch a big game, which you get when you have a good team. Elzy should have been named interim with Mitchell leaving last minute and a real coach should have been hired after the season. I won’t fault anyone for last season, although that team was very talented. This season there is plenty of blame. Elzy doesn’t know what she’s doing, but she shouldn’t have ever been hired.

Exactly buddy I’m a UK fan that means of every sport so therefore I want to see every sport be successful.
Who. Cares.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6e30657a6a49726e7a3767584d673d3d2d3932383531393637352e313632383733353930363732303861613338393336333338383238352e676966

I posted in another thread that she has absolutely proven me wrong. It’s one hell of run and she deserves a ton of credit as do the players. This will be a dangerous team in March.

Reactions: ~UK~
This thread is pee wee level. We have clowns bashing a hof coach every day on this forum so this thread is a cupcake 16 seed bash fest by comparison

Reactions: kl40504
I'm glad she and the womens team got it turned around as I want all our programs succeeding. I think what we all fail to see right now is a great tournament run doesn't ensure that things will stay that way. Look at what Kevin Ollie and UConn done a few years ago. They got hot and won the whole thing. A few years later he was let go because the team didn't do anything after that. I'm cheering and hoping they keep this going.

That 4th Qtr performance against the number one team in the nation after already playing three games in the tournament was an unbelievable display of guts, grit, motivation and conditioning. Reminds me of the Georgia men's team in the "Tornado Tournament" several years ago.

That’s so funny. Let me go stalk your posts and see what I can find.

Also, at that time of my post, I was 100% correct so have fun with that one.

Kind of silly....did the same to me. The team was flat lining and credit to Elzy for turning it around.

Amazing I was finally wrong about something (maybe) 😂

Reactions: SosaUK87
This one is silly to bring back. This team was 9-11 after being ranked 13th in the preseason. Elzy deserved the criticism at the time. Many of those same individuals give her credit now for the turnaround.

Kind of silly....did the same to me. The team was flat lining and credit to Elzy for turning it around.

Amazing I was finally wrong about something (maybe) 😂
Yeah no kidding. Nothing that was said was wrong at the time, like at all. Don’t know what pipe dudes smoking on but he better get off mine. Lol.

yeah, I saw him stalking you. That takes some intense next level boredom I would assume to do that.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
This might have been the worst thing to happen for UK women’s program, TBH. Like what’s going on at UNC with Hubert. Hopefully he gets a long-term extension! But Mitch will give her an extension and raise, zero question.

This might have been the worst thing to happen for UK women’s program, TBH. Like what’s going on at UNC with Hubert. Hopefully he gets a long-term extension! But Mitch will give her an extension and raise, zero question.
So you would have rather they just kept losing? It wasn’t just the 4 game stretch in the SEC Tourney. They had won 6 straight coming into it. But back to your statement this may be the worst thing to happen to UK woman’s program. She only did what No other woman’s coach has done in 40 yrs. And that’s win to be SEC tournament champions. She has her team playing with the tenacity that she played with under Pat Summit at Tenn. They had players out injured and some that were not buying in. They got healthy and she got them into buying into what she wanted done. The results since then speak for themselves.

I am glad she got thinks turned around for this team. That was really an impressive run in the SECT. I don't know what the problems was early when they were not winning but I give her a lot of credit she did a heck of a job changing the way they played. Even the defense got better.

Reactions: vernoncoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT