ADVERTISEMENT

UK will face Zags during SEC conference play

Not a big deal, but my preference would’ve been during the regular ooc schedule to help break up some of the cupcake games.

Also. No Michigan this year:
The finale of the three-game series was scheduled to take place Dec. 2 in Rupp Arena, with Kentucky hosting the Wolverines in what should have been a Saturday matchup high on national name value. Instead, that spot on UK’s calendar is expected to be occupied by UNC Wilmington when the official non-conference schedule is released in the coming days.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article277647033.html#storylink=cpy

Also. No Michigan this year:
The finale of the three-game series was scheduled to take place Dec. 2 in Rupp Arena, with Kentucky hosting the Wolverines in what should have been a Saturday matchup high on national name value. Instead, that spot on UK’s calendar is expected to be occupied by UNC Wilmington when the official non-conference schedule is released in the coming days.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article277647033.html#storylink=cpy
Fear the fighting SeaHawks......SMDH

Kentucky still hasn’t announced who the last non-conference game is yet have they. They have 12, and usually play 13

Later season game for the freshman, Gonzaga is looking meh, and the game is in Rupp? I think this could be a surprise blowout (or not surprise for some).

Gonzaga loses 4 of it's top 5 from last year.. and brings in a few transfers, that I'm not sure Gonzaga would have even gone after, had they brought in ANY sort of recruiting for this year.

I actually think betting against Gonzaga is going to win people some money this year. The average fans will go with them on name recognition over the last few seasons, but the talent is WAY down.

I also think traveling across country won't help, and a team that's largely full of mid-low major players, won't have an easy time playing under the bright lights of Rupp.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
Later season game for the freshman, Gonzaga is looking meh, and the game is in Rupp? I think this could be a surprise blowout (or not surprise for some).

Gonzaga loses 4 of it's top 5 from last year.. and brings in a few transfers, that I'm not sure Gonzaga would have even gone after, had they brought in ANY sort of recruiting for this year.

I actually think betting against Gonzaga is going to win people some money this year. The average fans will go with them on name recognition over the last few seasons, but the talent is WAY down.
And no Timme ref protection. We should smack the tar out of them. We owe it to them.

Actually like to see this. Similar to what we had with Kansas in Big12 Challenge and it makes sense. No reason to front load all of our tough ooc games. Should be a good gauge as to where we stand mid season.
I don't think Zags are gonna be near as good. Still going to be a good matchup but they are gonna be down from where they were last season.

I don’t know anything about zaga this year. Do you think they’ll be ranked coming into Rupp later in the season? I’d imagine they’ll be ranked to start the season just off their name, but wonder how long it’ll last if their roster is as weak as you say.

And no Timme ref protection. We should smack the tar out of them. We owe it to them.

I really think we will. They dont have the horses, and unless our freshman turn into duds, they will likely be rolling come February. Now if this was a November game? Different story.

I don’t know anything about zaga this year. Do you think they’ll be ranked coming into Rupp later in the season? I’d imagine they’ll be ranked to start the season just off their name, but wonder how long it’ll last if their roster is as weak as you say.

I'd have to look at their schedule, but would not be surprised if they drop a few OOC games and find themselves back in the 20s. I dont think this is a top25 team, and dont think they are particularly close, either. But I'd be totally fine if they still hold a ranking when we play them.

I really think we will. They dont have the horses, and unless our freshman turn into duds, they will likely be rolling come February. Now if this was a November game? Different story.

I'd have to look at their schedule, but would not be surprised if they drop a few OOC games and find themselves back in the 20s. I dont think this is a top25 team, and dont think they are particularly close, either. But I'd be totally fine if they still hold a ranking when we play them.
I just looked up their ooc schedule, or at least what I could find.

@Kentucky
@Washington
Neutral sites vs USC and UConn
And Maui with what looks like Purdue as first game

I’d like to see them ranked coming into Rupp, but not sure after looking at their schedule

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Who gives a crap about the SEC anyway? It's a football conference. UK is a basketball school.

I just looked up their ooc schedule, or at least what I could find.

@Kentucky
@Washington
Neutral sites vs USC and UConn
And Maui with what looks like Purdue as first game

I’d like to see them ranked coming into Rupp, but not sure after looking at their schedule
The media darlings will be ranked. It’s already baked in. Count on that.

Fine with me than early on when this team is first learning to play together. Like having a change up for marquee non-conference games during SEC play outside of the now SEC/ACC Challenge.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
We will trounce them, for several reasons:

1. As mentioned above, they lost a ton
2. They will be a month into their cupcake conference schedule, and will have gotten complacent
3. Our freshmen will be much better by then
4. Cross country flight
5. They’re used to playing in tiny gyms… doubt they shoot well in cavernous Rupp

I think all these factors combine to spell blowout for the Cats.

We will trounce them, for several reasons:

1. As mentioned above, they lost a ton
2. They will be a month into their cupcake conference schedule, and will have gotten complacent
3. Our freshmen will be much better by then
4. Cross country flight
5. They’re used to playing in tiny gyms… doubt they shoot well in cavernous Rupp

I think all these factors combine to spell blowout for the Cats.
I doubt we get a blowout, Few is an experienced coach. But we could se a 9-15 point win. Doubt we see 20+.

More Uk non conference stupidity under Cal. Play them in December….no need for a sec play tougher game

Maybe we will be through the process by then and can get back to winning more against ranked out of conference teams. We've lost I believe 4 straight and 7 of the last 8 against ranked OOC opponents the previous 3 seasons. That's a ridiculous record. That has to change.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Didn't he used to schedule a late game against Gonzaga when he was at Memphis? Maybe he is throwing Few a bone here.

Either way, that late in the season @ Rupp. Should be a solid win for you all.

Who gives a crap about the SEC anyway? It's a football conference. UK is a basketball school.
And to think Jerry Stackhouse has you on payroll down in Nashville. Is Vanderbilt gonna stick around and play football, basketball, archery and ass picking in the SEC or do they give a shit about it anyways..

I believe someday when Stackhouse gets fired you got a chance to make Vandy the Harvard of the South. Make em earn those would be scholarships, since none is given in the Ivy League.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT