ADVERTISEMENT

UK Hoops Loses 96-53 to Colorado

They need to make a move now. Lost 4 in a row to 1-4 Austin Peay, FGCU, NC State (by 29) and Colorado (by 43).

They have two top 10 juniors in the nation living in the state that have zero interest in UK.

Have Gail Goestenkors take over for the remainder of the season. Bring in Matthew Mitchell in some capacity that lets him talk to recruits focus on next year.

She's a winner. The half-commitment to the Covid mask said it all. Pure genius, this lady.

usa_today_15676401.0.jpg

An embarrassingly bad Knee jerk hire by Mitch. He has more hits than misses but this was possibly a Joker level miss. I knew Uk womens hoops were in trouble when they struggled and needed to win sec tourney (all while having the nations best player) to even make the dance in 2022. This is a truly terrible squad and may only win 6 or 7 games.

She needs to be shown the door asap

If Mitch is afraid to fire her he can hire me as the “special assistant to the AD” and I’ll do it for him.

Lost by almost 30 to a mediocre Cincinnati team. They may not win a single SEC game this year. They are really bad. Mitch will be forced to replace Elzy at the end of the year

Colorado is a top 5 team but still. This is about as low as it gets as a P5 program. They are one of the bottom ten P5 programs this year.

Welp, folks. Are the soccer and volleyball teams good enough to give everyone else another extension this year?

Either that or apparently one SEC tournament run can set you up for life.

Mitch's batting average has to be down there around Michael Jordan's. Hits a few homeruns with some help but then cripples the programs with ridiculous contracts. Throw in his bad hires and his minor sports are barely keeping him batting above .200 with his hires.

Last edited:
An embarrassingly bad Knee jerk hire by Mitch. He has more hits than misses but this was possibly a Joker level miss. I knew Uk womens hoops were in trouble when they struggled and needed to win sec tourney (all while having the nations best player) to even make the dance in 2022. This is a truly terrible squad and may only win 6 or 7 games.

She needs to be shown the door asap
Predicting 0 for the SEC. They were last in the SEC last year although they won 2 games in the tourney something the worst seed has never done.

She was just a mistake. Cut your losses and move on

The 29 point loss to North Carolina State the game before Colorado and then the 24 point loss to UC on Sunday…. U freaking C that was 2-3 coming into the game…. Elzy should’ve been fired down there and made to catch her own flight back… Just another one of Mitch’s great hires….

Reactions: ukjenning44
Mitchells players are gone, and we aren't even competitive against good teams now. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse, she may be a good assistant but being head coach at a major school is not working out. The SEC hasn't even started yet and we are getting blown out by opponents. There were a lot of people who questioned her being named head coach, now that looks like it was warranted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT