ADVERTISEMENT

UK fan base

dyersburgcatfan

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
Ranked 6th in nation. Not sure how to link the story. Go to seccountry.com and scroll down to Tennessee news.

In all honesty, our fanbase is way over the top and at times incredibly stupid(the people who call in to shows, folks on here that can't figure out how to type a sentence. Then there's people like @2Adulterers who literally was jailed for stalking Pitino. I loved the Higgins incident, that crick slicker is a true POS and still doesn't understand why people were upset.

For all of our faults, there's no bigger brotherhood.

I think the fan base in Kentucky is one of the best in the nation. Just take a look. We have very few winning seasons. No coach has a winning record in football since Coach Bear Bryant, and probably 70 to 80% of the fans were not even alive then, so they have never seen a coach with a winning record at UK in their lifetime. A lot of us older fans continue to support UK, not with just our talk, but with donations and attendance. It's easy to criticize us when we say something about a coach, that you disagree with, but most of us old guys belong to the K Fund and support the University we love. All we want is a winning football team, not just 6 wins and a bowl bid. We could care less who the coach is, just WIN. We're not against Coach Stoops if he wins. If he doesn't, get him out and bring someone else in as Head Coach. It's not personal, we just want to WIN.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY

I think the fan base in Kentucky is one of the best in the nation. Just take a look. We have very few winning seasons. No coach has a winning record in football since Coach Bear Bryant, and probably 70 to 80% of the fans were not even alive then, so they have never seen a coach with a winning record at UK in their lifetime. A lot of us older fans continue to support UK, not with just our talk, but with donations and attendance. It's easy to criticize us when we say something about a coach, that you disagree with, but most of us old guys belong to the K Fund and support the University we love. All we want is a winning football team, not just 6 wins and a bowl bid. We could care less who the coach is, just WIN. We're not against Coach Stoops if he wins. If he doesn't, get him out and bring someone else in as Head Coach. It's not personal, we just want to WIN.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY
Every fan at every successful P5 school believes their fan base is 1 of the best. I don't know how such a thing can be measured. But in our case, the best indicator I know would be that we travel very well in support of our teams. Of course, we aren't alone in that way.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
the jr.high school way we lost it

Your opinion and I respect that. I'm thinking everybody wants to be better but recruits see our crowd and stadium with empty seats, could be a turn-off to them. At least they recognize the opportunity to come play early!

The Florida game has been beat to death. Two touchdowns given to Florida and a holding call when our running back was already eight yards down the field. I've watched UK since the 60's.

UK football fans are the best considering the product on the field over the years. Less return on investment than most other P5 schools. Only IU, Kansas, Duke, Iowa St., and a few others have worse results over the past 50-60 years.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
How does a website devise a logical system to rank fan bases?
Ask Wildcard.
[roll] Just saw this!

Yeah, I suppose there are ways to put a quantitative number on it. But it would take some dedicated research and some front end "rules". Maybe more than what a sports website might want to expend, since it may well get into FOIA requests and such. Most schools are kinda slippery about ticket sales numbers.

In the big picture I don't think anything says more about being a fan than coming to the game. So I would think fan base support would probably begin with home field sellouts and actual attendance as a % of actual capacity.

As for football, I think NE sits at the top of that list (at least they did through 2016).

Peace

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Ranked 6th in nation. Not sure how to link the story. Go to seccountry.com and scroll down to Tennessee news.

One of the points was that UK fans support all of the sports. Look how many people came to the volleyball matches this year. We had good fan support for baseball this year also.

[roll] Just saw this!

Yeah, I suppose there are ways to put a quantitative number on it. But it would take some dedicated research and some front end "rules". Maybe more than what a sports website might want to expend, since it may well get into FOIA requests and such. Most schools are kinda slippery about ticket sales numbers.

In the big picture I don't think anything says more about being a fan than coming to the game. So I would think fan base support would probably begin with home field sellouts and actual attendance as a % of actual capacity.

As for football, I think NE sits at the top of that list (at least they did through 2016).

Peace
UofL was rated the school with the highest fanbase STD rate, nice consolation prize for you guys.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Your opinion and I respect that. I'm thinking everybody wants to be better but recruits see our crowd and stadium with empty seats, could be a turn-off to them. At least they recognize the opportunity to come play early!

The Florida game has been beat to death. Two touchdowns given to Florida and a holding call when our running back was already eight yards down the field. I've watched UK since the 60's.

Every 5,4 and 3 and 90% of 2 stars believe in their heart of hearts that they're going to the league... So, wanna blame empty corners and uppers when no one sells out anymore?

The sh*tshow coaching has no role in turning off recruits, but they really hate a crowd with 55K people instead of 60.

UK football fans are the best considering the product on the field over the years. Less return on investment than most other P5 schools. Only IU, Kansas, Duke, Iowa St., and a few others have worse results over the past 50-60 years.
I mentioned on the Rafters that our football fans were among the most loyal in the SEC and got ran

Looks to me they are including Basketball as well as Football. Since North Carolina is that high up. Nothing about their Football program or fan support for it would lead one to believe they are one of the best if only using Football as a barometer.

We travel extremely well in Basketball as we typically fill the opposing teams arena. For the lack of success UK has had in football our fans travel extremely well, especially for a bowl game.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT