ADVERTISEMENT

UK Athletics has adjusted the weights and heights of players

CATFANINFLORIDA

Sophomore
Sep 12, 2002
Winter Garden,Florida
Tristan Pharis:
Kentucky Basketball has updated player heights/weights ahead of the season.

Some notable differences from last year… 👀

Adou Thiero
2022: 6’6, 200 lbs
Now: 6’8, 222 lbs

Ugonna Onyenso
2022: 6’11, 225 lbs
Now: 7’0, 247 lbs

Antonio Reeves
2022: 6’5, 205 lbs
Now: 6’6, 195 lbs

Rob Dillingham
2022: 6’2, 160 lbs
Now: 6’3, 176 lbs

F9LgUo3aMAA_MA_

Last edited:
Yeah Thiero and Dillinghams measurements are very generous. I kind of questioned Rob being 6'1 and my honest opinion is that Adou is no taller than 6'6. I could be wrong.

He could play 4 spots if needed. Sure hope Cal uses his versatility.
If we need him at the 1 or 2 spots this year, we are in trouble because that means a lot of guys are hurt.

We need Thiero at the 4 because we lack depth up front. He could play some 3 as well. But the 4 spot is where he can really help us.

If we need him at the 1 or 2 spots this year, we are in trouble because that means a lot of guys are hurt.

We need Thiero at the 4 because we lack depth up front. He could play some 3 as well. But the 4 spot is where he can really help us.
Foul trouble or injuries too

Reactions: westerncat
Tristan Pharis:
Kentucky Basketball has updated player heights/weights ahead of the season.

Some notable differences from last year… 👀

Adou Thiero
2022: 6’6, 200 lbs
Now: 6’8, 222 lbs

Ugonna Onyenso
2022: 6’11, 225 lbs
Now: 7’0, 247 lbs

Antonio Reeves
2022: 6’5, 205 lbs
Now: 6’6, 195 lbs

Rob Dillingham
2022: 6’2, 160 lbs
Now: 6’3, 176 lbs

F9LgUo3aMAA_MA_
Does anyone really believe the measurements that colleges give out? Come on!

Reactions: dl51344 and UK90
I’m never quite sure how much I trust these “adjustments.” There’s been a recurring pattern ever since Cal got here where our players’ height (and combine type numbers) get adjusted up at UK …but then they get adjusted down when those same guys leave UK and go to the NBA combine.

Seems like in his constant quest to make our guys look like better pro prospects Cal allows a lot of generous “rounding” upward with these things.

I have never believed a schools listed height and weight of a player since K State said Michael Beasley was 6 11 and 250. Then somehow at the draft combine he shrunk almost 4 inches.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk and UK90
I have never believed a schools listed height and weight of a player since K State said Michael Beasley was 6 11 and 250. Then somehow at the draft combine he shrunk almost 4 inches.
Yep. It's always amusing to see how many players seem to magically shrink when they leave their home campus and go to the NBA combine. And UK sure does it too. Our players usually get at least an inch (and sometimes two inches) chopped off their listed height when they enter the pros.

I think the most reliable way to assess our players' true height is to just subtract an inch from their UK listing.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah Thiero and Dillinghams measurements are very generous. I kind of questioned Rob being 6'1 and my honest opinion is that Adou is no taller than 6'6. I could be wrong.
If so Adou is the tallest 6'6" guy I've ever seen...

Reactions: Fox2monk
Adou one of my favorite players, he plays every set as if we're one point down, he doesn't take plays off, a no nonsense guy, and appears to be as strong as an ox. Hoping he's a four-year guy.
funny that you would hope for something that there is no chance of happening

Adou arms should be registered as a deadly weapon.He reminds me of Hayes with his body strength. Its going to be interesting to see if Edwards out plays Adou at the 4.

Thiero and Mitchell will get the Hunter Dickinson assignment, so it's a good thing Thiero is bigger/stronger.

Funny that you would insist he won’t, followed by no explanation of why he won’t?
Perhaps you hadn’t noticed, but no scholarship players stay four years at UK nowadays. At least none have since Derek Willis.

I’m guessin that would be that poster’s explanation: common sense observation.

Reactions: rob_47
Perhaps you hadn’t noticed, but no scholarship players stay four years at UK nowadays. At least none have since Derek Willis.

I’m guessin that would be that poster’s explanation: common sense observation.

So you’re assuming he has the same mindset as everyone else? You know what they say when you do that…..

Funny that you would insist he won’t, followed by no explanation of why he won’t?
Why explain something thats obvious. I just sit back and laugh at the people such as you who believe certain guys are 4 year players. Do you think Thiero put all that work in this offseason in preparation for Kentuckys 2025-26roster. Some of yall need to snap out of it.

Last edited:
Why explain something thats obvious. I just sit back and laugh at the people such as you who believe certain guys are 4 year players. Do you think Thiero put all that work in this offseason in preparation for Kentuckys 2025-26roster. Some of yall need to snap out of it.

Never said I knew someone I’ve never met intentions, what he will or won’t do a few years from now or anything like that. Never claimed I knew why a player worked hard in the offseason.

You did tho but you keep laughing, bud. 🙂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT