ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA loses back to back home conference games

Cronin is a lot like Cal (but less accomplished) in that he can stifle the offense and have years that he plays non offense guys too much and you end up in rock fighter mode…..this certainly looks like a bad year for ucla

By now would expect Cronin to be shopping for houses in the ville....lol

Anyone know his real estate agent? I'm looking to sell one that seems like a perfect fit, and near campus!

OIP.hJV6ZZEZtlL1XejZWquPuQHaJ4

I doubt he gets fired after this season. He has a final four and 2 sweet 16s the prior 3 years to this years disaster.

UCLA has like 1 title the past soon to be 50 years. They aren't UK or UNC or even Duke, ku and uconn.
Take Wooden and his cheating out of the equation and they’re Arizona. Actually less than Arizona.

Cronin is a lot like Tubby, where he borrowed someone else’s players to gain success and can’t replicate it.
Man, those Tubby years were both great and awful at the same time. We had several years with historically great regular seasons, only to come up short in the tournament. Let’s see: 2003, 2004 and 2005. If not for team turmoil, you could add 2002 to that mix. That roster was top 5 in the nation before the injury to Jason Parker. After that, everything kinda fell off a cliff.

Man, those Tubby years were both great and awful at the same time. We had several years with historically great regular seasons, only to come up short in the tournament. Let’s see: 2003, 2004 and 2005. If not for team turmoil, you could add 2002 to that mix. That roster was top 5 in the nation before the injury to Jason Parker. After that, everything kinda fell off a cliff.
At least tubby was a wonderful person. It helped with weathering the storm.

After the gifted title Tubby teams never beat a team seeded higher than a 6 in his career. Not just here. Not anywhere.

He never had a winning conference season after he left UK until his last season at Memphis.

He fooled me too that first season. And even his second. By his 3rd season I knew he was phony.

After the gifted title Tubby teams never beat a team seeded higher than a 6 in his career. Not just here. Not anywhere.

He never had a winning conference season after he left UK until his last season at Memphis.

He fooled me too that first season. And even his second. By his 3rd season I knew he was phony.
Thats almost correct. In 2003 we beat #5 Wisconsin in the sweet 16.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
To Stanford and Cal nonetheless. Yikes.

Drop to 6-9 overall and 1-3 in the conference.

I really hate it. Mick Cronin seems like such a nice guy. DWS
And they have 2 dates with Bronny and the USC gang. Prolly bottom dwellers yhis year.

I will never get over that UAB loss, I was on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean Ocean and I was the only UK fan in a sports bar on this massive ship. Every single person in there was from other states or school and they all cheered when we went down. I got so hammered that night. I’ll never forget Georgia freaking Tech making the final 4 too. They kept winning every game I watched on that trip.

• Angry
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I will never get over that UAB loss, I was on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean Ocean and I was the only UK fan in a sports bar on this massive ship. Every single person in there was from other states or school and they all cheered when we went down. I got so hammered that night. I’ll never forget Georgia freaking Tech making the final 4 too. They kept winning every game I watched on that trip.

I booked a cruise March 16th to 24th. Realized after that's selection Sunday and first 2 rounds. Hope my phone app works as I don't think they show cbs.

I'm mostly concerned about the round of 32 game on 24th when we have a near 7 hour drive home. Ugh.

It speaks to the last few seasons that I messed up time of year when I booked this.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I booked a cruise March 16th to 24th. Realized after that's selection Sunday and first 2 rounds. Hope my phone app works as I don't think they show cbs.

I'm mostly concerned about the round of 32 game on 24th when we have a near 7 hour drive home. Ugh.

It speaks to the last few seasons that I messed up time of year when I booked this.
They had every game on the cruise I went on. It had these amazing sports bars, one was on the 18th floor and it overlooked the outside basketball courts, and Mile long track area. It was sweet as hell. I didn’t miss a single game I wanted to watch the whole trip.

To Stanford and Cal nonetheless. Yikes.

Drop to 6-9 overall and 1-3 in the conference.

I really hate it. Mick Cronin seems like such a nice guy. DWS

I heard he has some crazy buy out to leave. Would love for this to push the UCLA administration to let him walk and go to U6. That would be a match made in heaven. Just good enough to string them along for a few years but no real threat to win anything as he's already caught his lightning in a bottle .

It gets worse...............much worse

Utah 90

UCLA 44

Yes 44............................................Mick Cronin is not going thru that UL door

• Wow
Reactions: mcwildcats04

Didn't they beat a 5-seed in Wisconsin in 2003? But point taken

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT