ADVERTISEMENT

TWO Winless Teams in Division 1 (out of 363)

KA4Prez

All-American
Dec 8, 2003
Columbus, OH
Louisville and California are two of them.
Central Connecticut State is the other one.

Based on schedule, California should get their first win this week. CCSU faces Dartmouth at home on Saturday.

Louisville faces 1-9 Florida State on Saturday and Western Kentucky next week.
They are staring an 0-10 start squarely in the face.

EDIT: Green Bay got their first win Thursday.
EDIT: CCSU got their first win last night.

Last edited:
Central Connecticut State and Green Bay are the other two.

Based on schedules, Green Bay and California should get their first win this week.

Can we start selling the reverse 0-38 shirts yet?

Based on schedules, Green Bay and California should get their first win this week.

Maybe those 4 teams can have their own final 4 tournament this week. That would give two of them a win...

Pomeroy has UL ranked #206, and, even better, their offense is ranked #298.:D

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Pomeroy has UL ranked #206, and, even better, their offense is ranked #298.:D
That may be a testament to Cal's offense as much as anything, assuming KP is running something close to it, that without elite players it doesn't work. (& with elite players, any of us could look adequate as an offensive coach)

I’m hoping Central Connecticut State, California and Green Bay can pull out at least one win this season.

Wanna bet Cal will be nothing but praise for UL heading into the game?
He'll say something like we need to practice our zone and out of bounds plays to get an advantage.

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight
Green Bay won this afternoon
This is GLORIOUS.

200w.webp

Last edited:
You know what sucks about this whole UL business? That I don't have enough confidence in Calipari and his management/coaching of this team to say with confidence that we will indeed beat UL in 3-4 weeks (and I mean just win the game, not blow them out...I know we SHOULD do both, but I can't say that we will with any confidence).

Florida State is awful, and just lost a starter (our boy Cam'Ron Fletcher) to injury.

Louisville is absolutely pitiful but it wouldn't shock me if they squeak by lowly FSU. It also wouldn't shock me if they take a 20-point L.

Yeah I think Florida State is the worst 1-9 team the could hope to try and get a win against, they were up 20 on Florida in a game the lost. I can’t imagine UofL up 20 on anyone.

Reactions: JustBlue
That may be a testament to Cal's offense as much as anything, assuming KP is running something close to it, that without elite players it doesn't work. (& with elite players, any of us could look adequate as an offensive coach)

No it probably just means you need some halfway decent players to run any offense and currently UL has none lol

California and Louisville both have a UK connection. Louisville, of course is coached by former assistant Kenny Payne. And the California Golden Bear are led by none other than our mop-topped former PG of the future, Devin Askew.

• Haha
And we are down to two. With Central Connecticut's win over Dartmouth it is just California and Louisville.

JB

California and Louisville both have a UK connection. Louisville, of course is coached by former assistant Kenny Payne. And the California Golden Bear are led by none other than our mop-topped former PG of the future, Devin Askew.
Louisville is ranked like 360 or something close now in the rankings 🤣. We went 9-16 and lost like 10 games against good teams by 5 points. They are another level of terrible.

My God… Askew has to be the biggest whiff in the history of recruiting rankings.
Somehow he’s averaging 18 a game lol. Must be the only person shooting on that team. Shooting a blistering 39% from the field and 30% from 3. 3 Rebs and 3 assists in 34 MPG.

California has a tough upcoming schedule. They play UT Arlington next week but they might be the last team to get a win. Their next winnable game after that is probably in January.

I might just have to watch this game with the volume turned all the way down. And then play circus music through a Bluetooth connection the entire game. My guests have to pick their team prior to tipoff. Take a shot for every turnover or air ball of the team you picked. And who says these meaningless games cant be fun. LOLOL!!!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT