ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's thoughts. I can't stand to watch Fox pull up off the bounce and shoot his 18 footers

Dec 13, 2016
Tonight's thoughts, it's a novel y'all! Way too long lol.

i could go the rest of the season without seeing Fox go to his favorite move. I see it 10 times a game it feels like and he either makes one or none of them every game it seems like. Way too many times does he pull up off the bounce for an 18 foot contested jumper. It happens what feels like 10 times a game and if lucky he makes it once a game usually he doesn't make it at all though. It's literally the least efficient way to use a possession I could possibly think of. I don't want to see this move ever again. Every time he takes that shot cal needs to pull him and put him on the bench. I have no clue why he has the green light on that shot. Also. I'm tired of seeing Mulder not get the minutes he deserves. He's not bad at defense at all and he seems to be our best spot up shooter. He deserves to play in EVERY game. And he deserves more than 10 minutes a game I feel like he should be playing at least 15 minutes a game every game I mean what does he gotta do to see the court more? I feel like he's earned every bit of playing time he gets and then some so yes he needs to see the floor more.

I'm really tired of our free throw shooting. And damn this loss was the most deflating regular season basketball loss I've ever dealt with. No doubt in my mind are we the better team and had the game been on a nuetral court tonight we obviously would've won. But it's like we never lose to UL and now that we did it just. It hurts. Like it almost ruins Christmas for me (it doesn't seriously but it makes it way more less special). I never thought we'd lose to them again until right before game time the thought entered my mind 'we can't beat them every year for the rest of time can we?' Like we had been recently. Over the years we never lost to them and it seemed as if we'd never lose to them again. And also I thought it was a quick turnaround from Vegas and that there'd be a hangover for our team But honestly the way it seemed was that we were never going to lose to UL again. Like seriously. There's not a single player on that team's roster that would start for us yet we still lost. I don't get it. This loss has completely derailed my hopes for a title this year due to our free throw shooting and Bam's free throw shooting down the stretch.

I know march is three months away. But we just lost to a team that ain't near as good as it's ranking y'all and the heart we showed just showed me that we won't be able to pull off a title this season. I don't think we have even a 1% chance at the title after this loss I seriously feel like the season ended tonight and that there's nothing left to play for. I know there's a lot more to play for. But this loss, for me at least,derailed my title hopes that's forsure. We're not as good as i thought we were. I really don't think UL is that good of a team I mean there's not a single player on that team that intimidates you the team they had last year was much scarier. And our team this year is light years better last year. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Furthermore, certainly sucks that a school that should be going thru the consequences of the death penalty beat us tonight. It makes the loss hurt much much more knowing that if the NCAA did it's job properly then UL wouldn't even have a basketball team and Pitino would be banned from the NCAA. They shouldn't have a program for peep sake! Why the hell is pimptino still coaching an NCAA team and better yet why are they allowed to keep him AND still recruit players? He shouldn't be allowed into another recruits home ever again especially shouldn't be allowed to invite anyone on campus. Tonight we should be ashamed of our cats and the way they handled themselves. I've never seen a UK/UL game in my entire life where it seemed as if not even a single player on the court for our cats realized it was a rivalry game. No one on our team played this game with the fight that comes from a team in the biggest rivalry in the entire sport. It's as if they didn't know they were our rival. We showed zero heart.

I love cal wouldn't trade him for any other coach and I love our cats wouldn't trade them for any other team. But I'm just simply ashamed of our effort tonight against a team that shouldn't even be allowed on a basketball court. Especially the coach. We just lost a game because the NCAA can't properly do it's job. If there was such thing as karma. UL would've never beaten us for the rest of pitino's time as a card. He's a terrible, classless individual that handles each loss with such distain and shame. I love how cal was able to go the presser, with class, credit Pitino and his squad, without giving UL's fans the finger, and instead of making excuses left and right he took it on the chin like a man. At least our coach has class. Pitino would've never handled himself with such class as we've seen over the years. But I just can't get over the fact we lost to a team that should be dealing with the consequences of the death penalty at the very least a 7 year postseason ban and a 3 scholarship a year reduction for next 4 years and shouldn't be allowed to have a recruit on campus during the 7 year post season ban. Had that been at least the case we would've won by 50 but the NCAA, much like Pitino has no integrity.

I hate that we lost to a coach that should be permanently banned from the NCAA and the only reason he has a job is because the university is such trash that they couldn't afford to let go someone who wins games because then UK would take its domination of UL to an even higher level. Winning at UL is much more important that any ethical standard. UL couldn't accept to let UK own them for the rest of time so they swallowed whatever pride they may have had and retained a coach who shouldn't be allowed to speak to recruits in order to win a few more games. But it is what it is. And I'm quite ashamed of our cats in how they handled themselves on the court tonight. Off the court though it's all class like always. Love cal and these cats but the effort tonight. Shameful. It's as depressing of a regular season loss I've ever dealt with and l no longer have title hopes let alone the title expectation i had before the season. Damnit. Hopefully we run into them in the tournament we're a much better team and on a nuetral court I'd expect a blow out in our favor. UL isn't that good of a team this year. We made them look much better than the ranking next to the name but mark my words. They aren't any good they're decent at best. Which adds extra sting to this loss. Just had to vent folks lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: chevyman 50
Do you really expect people to read all of that??

I hope not cause I didn't. But I do agree with what you said about Fox shooting that pull up jumper. What also kills me about it is he usually shoots it without making a single pass and nobody under the basket. It really is almost like a turnover.

I love Fox but he's got to get smarter on offense and more intense on defense.

In the future its best to give your first paragraph of your rant.... let others respond ......... then go into the 2nd part....... let others respond.......... see where I'm going with this?

Reactions: _Rooster
he usually shoots it further in than 18ft on the fast break pull-ups. he had one further out at the top of the key today that was a questionable shot. even wall didn't have that shot down until he was a few years into the league. an important shot for a breaking pg. he needs to develop it and i'm sure he will.

i saw no goat in this game. ul played out of their heads hitting a lot of outside shots early and played defense as good as they can. they probably won't score 70 against a good team (not named unc) the rest of the year lol. i for one am not bitter about the loss. of course i'm not in ky anymore but they were so desperate for this it's not even funny. we came off a huge win and for a young team that's a tough turnaround for a young team. we were up for it but not as much as them. sucks, but we'll learn from it and it it'll pay off in march.

Tonight's thoughts, it's a novel y'all! Way too long lol.

i could go the rest of the season without seeing Fox go to his favorite move. I see it 10 times a game it feels like and he either makes one or none of them every game it seems like. Way too many times does he pull up off the bounce for an 18 foot contested jumper. It happens what feels like 10 times a game and if lucky he makes it once a game usually he doesn't make it at all though. It's literally the least efficient way to use a possession I could possibly think of. I don't want to see this move ever again. Every time he takes that shot cal needs to pull him and put him on the bench. I have no clue why he has the green light on that shot. Also. I'm tired of seeing Mulder not get the minutes he deserves. He's not bad at defense at all and he seems to be our best spot up shooter. He deserves to play in EVERY game. And he deserves more than 10 minutes a game I feel like he should be playing at least 15 minutes a game every game I mean what does he gotta do to see the court more? I feel like he's earned every bit of playing time he gets and then some so yes he needs to see the floor more.

I'm really tired of our free throw shooting. And damn this loss was the most deflating regular season basketball loss I've ever dealt with. No doubt in my mind are we the better team and had the game been on a nuetral court tonight we obviously would've won. But it's like we never lose to UL and now that we did it just. It hurts. Like it almost ruins Christmas for me (it doesn't seriously but it makes it way more less special). I never thought we'd lose to them again until right before game time the thought entered my mind 'we can't beat them every year for the rest of time can we?' Like we had been recently. Over the years we never lost to them and it seemed as if we'd never lose to them again. And also I thought it was a quick turnaround from Vegas and that there'd be a hangover for our team But honestly the way it seemed was that we were never going to lose to UL again. Like seriously. There's not a single player on that team's roster that would start for us yet we still lost. I don't get it. This loss has completely derailed my hopes for a title this year due to our free throw shooting and Bam's free throw shooting down the stretch.

I know march is three months away. But we just lost to a team that ain't near as good as it's ranking y'all and the heart we showed just showed me that we won't be able to pull off a title this season. I don't think we have even a 1% chance at the title after this loss I seriously feel like the season ended tonight and that there's nothing left to play for. I know there's a lot more to play for. But this loss, for me at least,derailed my title hopes that's forsure. We're not as good as i thought we were. I really don't think UL is that good of a team I mean there's not a single player on that team that intimidates you the team they had last year was much scarier. And our team this year is light years better last year. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Furthermore, certainly sucks that a school that should be going thru the consequences of the death penalty beat us tonight. It makes the loss hurt much much more knowing that if the NCAA did it's job properly then UL wouldn't even have a basketball team and Pitino would be banned from the NCAA. They shouldn't have a program for peep sake! Why the hell is pimptino still coaching an NCAA team and better yet why are they allowed to keep him AND still recruit players? He shouldn't be allowed into another recruits home ever again especially shouldn't be allowed to invite anyone on campus. Tonight we should be ashamed of our cats and the way they handled themselves. I've never seen a UK/UL game in my entire life where it seemed as if not even a single player on the court for our cats realized it was a rivalry game. No one on our team played this game with the fight that comes from a team in the biggest rivalry in the entire sport. It's as if they didn't know they were our rival. We showed zero heart.

I love cal wouldn't trade him for any other coach and I love our cats wouldn't trade them for any other team. But I'm just simply ashamed of our effort tonight against a team that shouldn't even be allowed on a basketball court. Especially the coach. We just lost a game because the NCAA can't properly do it's job. If there was such thing as karma. UL would've never beaten us for the rest of pitino's time as a card. He's a terrible, classless individual that handles each loss with such distain and shame. I love how cal was able to go the presser, with class, credit Pitino and his squad, without giving UL's fans the finger, and instead of making excuses left and right he took it on the chin like a man. At least our coach has class. Pitino would've never handled himself with such class as we've seen over the years. But I just can't get over the fact we lost to a team that should be dealing with the consequences of the death penalty at the very least a 7 year postseason ban and a 3 scholarship a year reduction for next 4 years and shouldn't be allowed to have a recruit on campus during the 7 year post season ban. Had that been at least the case we would've won by 50 but the NCAA, much like Pitino has no integrity.

I hate that we lost to a coach that should be permanently banned from the NCAA and the only reason he has a job is because the university is such trash that they couldn't afford to let go someone who wins games because then UK would take its domination of UL to an even higher level. Winning at UL is much more important that any ethical standard. UL couldn't accept to let UK own them for the rest of time so they swallowed whatever pride they may have had and retained a coach who shouldn't be allowed to speak to recruits in order to win a few more games. But it is what it is. And I'm quite ashamed of our cats in how they handled themselves on the court tonight. Off the court though it's all class like always. Love cal and these cats but the effort tonight. Shameful. It's as depressing of a regular season loss I've ever dealt with and l no longer have title hopes let alone the title expectation i had before the season. Damnit. Hopefully we run into them in the tournament we're a much better team and on a nuetral court I'd expect a blow out in our favor. UL isn't that good of a team this year. We made them look much better than the ranking next to the name but mark my words. They aren't any good they're decent at best. Which adds extra sting to this loss. Just had to vent folks lol.
The enter button is your friend

We had players diving on the floor after loose balls all night. Our players play with plenty of heart so that is a very poor take on your part. Their shots didn't fall (all night), but they kept taking them, not holding their heads and just going through the motions but kept playing hard until the final buzzer. Had defensive breakdowns as we have had all year, but that's part of the game. No where near the gloom and doom post you wrote, this team will be fine and will have a chance come March, that's all you can ask.

I felt like there were so many trips where the wrong person was shooting the wrong shot. For instance, it seems like Gabriel took a few long twos. Fox should only take shots outside of 10 ft when he is wide open and in rhythm.

Also bam did not get nearly enough touches.

Eh, can't win them all but I don't like dropping this one.

He can get that jumper anytime he wants. No need to settle for it. Played right into their game plan. Monk too.

We can and should be getting much better looks.

My issue with Fox is he can get that shot at anytime, he needs to drive or pass first. Only take that shot at the end of the shot clock if needed.

Reactions: jrpross
I don't even like when Monk takes that shot and he makes about half of them. Fox has some great strengths and when he does this, he's using none of them. It's a low percentage shot and he's not using the 30 seconds they have to try to find a better one. It drives me up the frickin wall. I wonder if Cal is ok with him doing this or if Fox is just doing it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT