ADVERTISEMENT

Titan's not sold on Malik's future

Story just emphasizes what an awful developer of talent Freeze is, Auburn is not to be feared when they appear on our schedule in the next few seasons

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The curren consensus is that the Falcons will move up from 8 or the Seahawks, or Colts at 4

No one believes that they will move down that far to 11

We shall see

Levis does have a couple flaws, but Richardson has way more plus we beat them two time's while he was doing so great to get a first round treatment, lol... I hope who ever take's him will get fired because of that stupid mistake....

GBB

One had to think the Titans situation was "troubling" when Tannehill was talking to the press about not babysitting Willis nor grooming him for his spot. Probably another season away, but they need to figure out what they want:

1) another possible playoff run in '23
2) begin the rebuild

Gotta get rid of 2 QBs if you want to rebuild and try to unload Henry for the most return if possible (mid season trade deadline probably optimal time).

Letting AJ Brown go was probably a mistake that makes the rebuild a smidgen tougher

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
So the Titans take a flyer on a QB in 3rd round as he has a strong arm and can run? And it's beyond obvious it was a mistake even in 3rd round as they had to pick up a dude from another practice squad in Josh Dobbs for a freaking playoff deciding game.

So the titans are now going to take a Richardson with a top first round pick has he's a combine warrior but has the accuracy issues and was a bum at Florida mostly.

I'm just stunned at the Richardson love in NFL. Do teams really think he's the next Jalen Hurts and is really Jalen Hurts a legit NFL blueprint? I personally love Hurts story but think it's rare to win big with a QB like him and we'll see how good he really is if he takes a big contract and doesn't have all the good players to support him.

Malik Willis seems like a good guy but is not nearly good enough for the league. They’re going to have to address quarterback at some point

Imo they looked better with Dobbs at QB. So yes I'm sure the titans are having doubts

They also fired the front office who took Malik, are one year removed from being the 1 seed, and had their first losing season this past year in 6 seasons.. snapping the second longest streak in the NFL after KC. Let’s maybe stop effing acting like they’re the Browns here.

Didn’t love Rob, but he did make a few good decisions. Not all were horrible. Just when you thought he had turned the tide, he would let you down again

New Kiper mock has Titans trading up to #3 to take Richardson. Will at least be fun to see how he does. I have low expectations

They also fired the front office who took Malik, are one year removed from being the 1 seed, and had their first losing season this past year in 6 seasons.. snapping the second longest streak in the NFL after KC. Let’s maybe stop effing acting like they’re the Browns here.

Easy there. Don't bring thoughtful analysis to an emotional thread of venting. Lol.

But seriously....

-I'm not sold on this recent talk about the Titans moving up to #3.....especially for AR.

-We have a new GM, so it's very hard to predict what's going to happen. But the Titans usually are fairly tight lipped about draft days. Over the last decade there are always a TON of rumors and speculation surrounding their drafts. Most of this was because JRob was a wheeler/dealer.....but just about all the rumors were false. So, it's wise to take rumors with a huge grain of salt.

-Willis was a 3rd rd pick.....and it's only been a year. Do I think he'll pan out? Not really, but after a single year it's hard to say what he's going to be. Was this a reach in the draft.....or was it a waste? Not really. Most GM's and analysts tagged him to go in the rounds 3-4.....and the Titans weren't taking him to lead the team right away.

-If you're gonna trade up to #3, you take Young or Stroud......otherwise it's your job. Would the new GM look to bet the farm to go up to get Levis/AR when they could sit tight and likely land one of them at #11? Shoot, I think the fanbase and owners would be more forgiving if the Titans took Hooker in day 2 than to reach for a project.

-Levis at #11 is interesting. The Titans have Tanny for the next several years if they want to keep him. I'm not saying that I would, but there is some logic here. You could ride Tanny's fat contract for another year or so while you groom a raw Levis......and prepare the line and weapons for him.

-Draft capital - The Titans do lack a couple of draft picks over the next 2 yrs. While not deal breakers, it does reduce the likelihood of moving around a bit. Which means that they might be tempted to include players......like Henry. There have been rumors that Henry has been shopped, but Carthon has spoken to squash those.....but that doesn't mean much. While we absolutely need to be preparing for life without Henry, you have to admit that having Henry back there makes a young QB's development much better. So, whatever Carthon in planning, I hope he's being smart about everything.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Sounding like the 4 1st round QBs are gonna be taken top 5, or at worst by the 7th pick

Reactions: maroon79
If I were the Titans, I am not taking a QB in the first. Their main priority should be rebuilding the Oline. If all the best tackles are gone then trade back and use the pick on a TE, WR or Edge. Depending on how far they trade down, Bijon Robinson might even look attractive as replacement for Henry.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
If I were the Titans, I am not taking a QB in the first. Their main priority should be rebuilding the Oline. If all the best tackles are gone then trade back and use the pick on a TE, WR or Edge. Depending on how far they trade down, Bijon Robinson might even look attractive as replacement for Henry.

This is my thought as well. They have the luxury to ride Tanny's contract for the next several yrs.......so, build out the offense and take several shots at mid to late round draft picks over the next several yrs.

For RB (if I was going to take one), I would wait for Jahymr Gibbs or the dude from UCLA in #2 or pref 3

I would go for Njigba in 1 for explosion plays

#2 best Oline man

#3 RB from UCLA or if aim keeping Henry either a QB, Harrison DE from tOSU or CB

5 is interior OL. Emil ? From Bama but he may not be there, or QB

Reactions: BlueRaider22
It’ll be easy for the titans to get rid of Willis, they’ll just cut him. Because he f**king sucks

I get the shakes thinking about my Steelers taking him in the 1st round last year. Had Pickett not fallen to them, they would have as Tomlin loved him as a person. I get sick just thinking about what might have occurred.

I hope they take a QB and not a OT as I want Broderick Jones....... Left tackle to protect Kenny's blind side. But he won't be there at 17. The Steeler have disucssed moving up to #9 with the Bears. I gotta believe that's to get Broderick.

One had to think the Titans situation was "troubling" when Tannehill was talking to the press about not babysitting Willis nor grooming him for his spot. Probably another season away, but they need to figure out what they want:

1) another possible playoff run in '23
2) begin the rebuild

Gotta get rid of 2 QBs if you want to rebuild and try to unload Henry for the most return if possible (mid season trade deadline probably optimal time).

Letting AJ Brown go was probably a mistake that makes the rebuild a smidgen tougher

Rebuild for sure. They are a lost cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT