ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Towns to start taking over games!

Jan 15, 2003
And he has the ability to do it at both ends of the floor. Towns is our only big not offensively challenged and has the potential to score 15-20 a game. That is if they will pass him the ball. Love this guy. He just needs to break out.....

This post was edited on 1/13 7:53 PM by louisvilleblue

He's a freshman and doesn't have a solid back-to-the-basket game. Cal wants him inside, so he's going to have to make some shots in the 5-12 foot range to improve his scoring.

Originally posted by ala_kat2:
He's a freshman and doesn't have a solid back-to-the-basket game. Cal wants him inside, so he's going to have to make some shots in the 5-12 foot range to improve his scoring.
I'd just love to see him grab the ball with 2 hands on rebounds and go up strong when he gets the ball and not allow his defender to knock it out of his hands. He really need to work on holding onto the ball. When he gets stronger with the ball, he'll be unstoppable!!

Don't you mean Townes? If so try and walk a mile in his shoes, he isn't exactly the most gifted walker on the team. You can't expect high expectations like that out of him.

Penny give it up man.
After I watched him at uk I admitted I judged him a little early. He's turned himself from a soft pudgy lazy kid to a beast.
However, my assessment of towns was closer than most will admit. The majority thought he would be a dominant player and he is far from that. As I stated in the summer, maybe in 3 years

Taking over games? Where were you guys when the memo was sent out that this team wins by group efforts and not one guy going nuts and "taking the game over." In most games the minutes and points will be well spread out by design..

Originally posted by cats#1again:
Penny give it up man.
After I watched him at uk I admitted I judged him a little early. He's turned himself from a soft pudgy lazy kid to a beast.
However, my assessment of towns was closer than most will admit. The majority thought he would be a dominant player and he is far from that. As I stated in the summer, maybe in 3 years
Lol i hate to break it to you, but the " Towns lazy walk" will probably live in forever on this board.

karl-fistpump.gif

Flirted with a triple double tonight in 20 minutes with five blocks. Id call that dominate.

He reminds me more and more of AD every game. He is finding his role and improving every game. He and Booker will be the key pieces in the final four.

Towns can and will dominate before the season is over. Love the way he rips the ball off the boards. And Towns is beginning to pass the ball from the post almost to perfection.

Originally posted by louisvilleblue:
And he has the ability to do it at both ends of the floor. Towns is our only big not offensively challenged and has the potential to score 15-20 a game. That is if they will pass him the ball. Love this guy. He just needs to break out.....

This post was edited on 1/13 7:53 PM by louisvilleblue
If you're talking about post offense, Dakari is the best on this team. Everyone has been struggling to finish around the rim lately (evident by our nation's worst 2-pt FG% since xmas), but Dakari has the best post moves and it's not really close right now. Karl is definitely the best prospect, but he's got a long way to go when it comes to scoring down low. He puts the ball down low far too often and isn't aggressive enough when making his move. Dakari has great footwork and understands how to score on the block.

It's no knock on Karl, he played so much on the perimeter in high school, these are things he just has to learn. And he really needs to stop shooting 3's.

Penny give it up man.
I'm leaving the sig through the season, at least. Maybe you'll see Briscoe with a lethargic jump and we can do it all again next year!

Penny give it up man.
You said he would hurt more than help.

TOTALLY WRONG.

If you're talking about post offense, Dakari is the best on this team. Everyone has been struggling to finish around the rim lately (evident by our nation's worst 2-pt FG% since xmas), but Dakari has the best post moves and it's not really close right now. Karl is definitely the best prospect, but he's got a long way to go when it comes to scoring down low. He puts the ball down low far too often and isn't aggressive enough when making his move. Dakari has great footwork and understands how to score on the block.

It's no knock on Karl, he played so much on the perimeter in high school, these are things he just has to learn. And he really needs to stop shooting 3's.
I agree. Karl for his size is weak with the ball and you're right about him bringing the ball down too low. Dakari has tendencies to do that too, but Dakari is great about positioning himself under the basket. When he catches that deep in the paint its almost automatic.

Reactions: sgrooms
Penny give it up man.
The main reason he doesn't take over games is because we have seven other pros around him.

Put him on most other teams in the country and he'd be a go-to guy averaging a double-double. Put him on UofL's team and he'd get the ball every trip down the court.

Some of these guys get lost in the shuffle because of the minutes played and the balance on the roster. Towns is one of them. The guy is an animal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT