ADVERTISEMENT

There's one good thing that comes from this year

There's no way that he's going to want to continue to get embarrassed and made to look like a fool over and over and over again. The stress and just getting older has gotta finally got to get to him.

He stayed after 9-16. This definitely isn't anywhere near close to as embarrassing as that was and he's still here. I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying you are wrong. Just highly pessimistic.

Things aren’t going to get better as long as he’s here, but I sadly wouldn’t be so sure that he’s going anywhere. The buyout is outrageous, and he doesn’t seem inclined to walk away from the stacks of cash we still owe him for the next 5 years.

Reactions: bIhawk
He stayed after 9-16. This definitely isn't anywhere near close to as embarrassing as that was and he's still here. I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying you are wrong. Just highly pessimistic.
I feel like he didn't leave after that year because he didn't want to leave after THAT bad of a season.

This year has to be close. This team should’ve been a title contender. One of worst jobs I’ve ever seen at this level considering the talent and depth he has.

This year has to be close. This team should’ve been a title contender. One of worst jobs I’ve ever seen at this level considering the talent and depth he has.

Did you see the clip of him talking about the 7 NBA players in the ASG. If not, go watch it, then tell me if you think what you said would be an actual reason Cal would leave or retire. No way Mitch is firing him. I just can't see it. We will see soon though.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Did you see the clip of him talking about the 7 NBA players in the ASG. If not, go watch it, then tell me if you think what you said would be an actual reason Cal would leave or retire. No way Mitch is firing him. I just can't see it. We will see soon though.

Oh I don’t think he’s leaving on his own accord. I agree with you there. Was just commenting on the embarrassment level this season is shaping up to be.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Missing that free throw made no sense. Over 4 seconds and Gonzaga shooting two free throws . Then a shot at a three point shot . Why?
Said the same thing... one more quick foul... hope for a miss.... then they can't at least foul on the shot...

If there was ever a time to get rid of him, do it now. Next year's class is looking like BJ Boston and co. part II. Who cares if they decommit? Kentucky will be shit with or without them, at least a new coach might give us a chance. Unfortunately, I don't see Cal leaving.

Reactions: blubo
Oh I don’t think he’s leaving on his own accord. I agree with you there. Was just commenting on the embarrassment level this season is shaping up to be.

Ah. I got ya. I still don't think Cal will see that as embarrassing. That would mean he cares more about winning than putting dudes in the league.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Coach Cal will retire/get fired after this year. I'm thankful for his time while he was at UK and glad that he was the coach. And I will also be glad that he will be gone after this season.
Are you paying the $33 million needed to get rid of him???!!!!!!!

I'm ELATED to know that you are paying the buyout now!!!!!

We are STUCK with him until he either gets SICK of all of the scrutiny and his EGO can't handle it to the point where the money isn't worth it.

That's our only hope.

Are you paying the $33 million needed to get rid of him???!!!!!!!

I'm ELATED to know that you are paying the buyout now!!!!!

We are STUCK with him until he either gets SICK of all of the scrutiny and his EGO can't handle it to the point where the money isn't worth it.

That's our only hope.
I'm thinking a mutual parting. UK is getting sick of his performance and he is tired of coaching. He won't have to work and can retire and UK won't have to pay him.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
I'm thinking a mutual parting. UK is getting sick of his performance and he is tired of coaching. He won't have to work and can retire and UK won't have to pay him.
Cal has said in Interviews that he will NOT quit OR walk away without UK paying him EVERY penny of what is owed him from that contract. And it doesn't end until 2029!!!

So, unless UK can come up with the $33 million after this season and then 8 million less each of the next 5, he's here until then.

You can thank Mitch for that MONSTROSITY!!!!

Say we could get Sean Woods forr 200 thousand a year and it be cheaper than keeping Cal and his assistant coaches this would be an improvement on what we got

The thing about this thread is, if you listen to what is said about Cal and Ohio State, that around the time this thread was created, Calipari was plotting an exit. I wasn't sure he was getting fired or was retiring, but that turns out to be a resounding yes, to whether or not he was going to be leaving us if you go by that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT