ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC is slowly turning into a mid major conference right before our very eyes.

I have preached all year about how bad the ACC was. My question is with the pundits who have been slurping soso Dook admit the SEC is and has been the best conference?
Can't wait to hear Charles asking Kenny Smiff who the best conference is now, especially if his Tigers beat UH tonight. You know he's dying poke at ole UNC / ACC Kenny.

Idk about Kansas.

BIG12 is eventually blowing up. Over time it’s gonna be a mid major type of league. Kansas doesn’t have football, they’ll never be asked to join in the power conferences during the last major shift. They’ll be a mid major type of program eventually.

I don’t necessary like what’s happening to basketball with football driving it, but it’s gonna happen.

As crazy as it is.. it just may be turning into nothing. Their football absolutely sucks. They do ok with fringe sports like baseball, softball, etc.. but thats about it. Their football and basketball are trash and their hockey is irrelevant (aside from BC
[who im not even sure plays in the ACC noew that i think of it]).

As crazy as it is.. it just may be turning into nothing. Their football absolutely sucks. They do ok with fringe sports like baseball, softball, etc.. but thats about it. Their football and basketball are trash and their hockey is irrelevant (aside from BC
Bobby Bowden leaving FSU was the beginning of a long slow decline for that conference overall.

Reactions: KYExtemper

They don’t. They play in the East conference. A lot has changed in college hockey, UK competed in the America league now or something.

We’re about to start attending UK
Hockey games. I’ve been trying to get some UK hockey memorabilia but it’s hard. There’s nothing out there.

Kentucky hockey is the coolest team we hate by far and it gets no play. Can’t wait to take the kids. We love St. Louis Blues hockey. My kids like it more than anything really.

Hoping since I’m a grad student for a little while longer I can get some free tickets. Have no idea how that’s works.

BIG12 is eventually blowing up. Over time it’s gonna be a mid major type of league. Kansas doesn’t have football, they’ll never be asked to join in the power conferences during the last major shift. They’ll be a mid major type of program eventually.

I don’t necessary like what’s happening to basketball with football driving it, but it’s gonna happen.
This. B12 losing Oklahoma and Texas is the death kneel. OKState needs to find a landing spot. But Kansas doesn’t offer football so they are stuck. The B12 has already turned into an upper midmajor i reality. TCU already, and adding Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, BYU to start 2023.

The downside is they can easily “Gonzaga” that league moving forward once the other big state schools leave so they’ll have a bunch of 30 win seasons on the regular making it very difficult to ever take the all time wins lead back

They don’t. They play in the East conference. A lot has changed in college hockey, UK competed in the America league now or something.

Hockey games. I’ve been trying to get some UK hockey memorabilia but it’s hard. There’s nothing out there.

Kentucky hockey is the coolest team we hate by far and it gets no play. Can’t wait to take the kids. We love St. Louis Blues hockey. My kids like it more than anything really.

Hoping since I’m a grad student for a little while longer I can get some free tickets. Have no idea how that’s works.
The Frozen Four is sick.

Hockey is much bigger up my way. We have Union and RPI, and we're not all that far from the UMass and BC programs, and also only 3 hours south of Canada. Definitely a fun sport to watch. And zero pussies in that sport. Basketball players could learn a thing or two from hockey players.

This. B12 losing Oklahoma and Texas is the death kneel. OKState needs to find a landing spot. But Kansas doesn’t offer football so they are stuck. The B12 has already turned into an upper midmajor i reality. TCU already, and adding Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, BYU to start 2023.

The downside is they can easily “Gonzaga” that league moving forward once the other big state schools leave so they’ll have a bunch of 30 win seasons on the regular making it very difficult to ever take the all time wins lead back
Idk man the Big Xii (and Big 10) is about to raid the PAC .

Reactions: EliteBlue
Hockey is much bigger up my way. We have Union and RPI, and we're not all that far from the UMass and BC programs, and also only 3 hours south of Canada. Definitely a fun sport to watch. And zero pussies in that sport. Basketball players could learn a thing or two from hockey players.
Hockey is a lot of fun. Do you watch NHL? If so who’s your team?

And with hockey, they are the only big time sport left where they play for pride mostly. Even in the NHL those guys don’t just make tons of money. Maybe the star of the team makes a good chunk but the rest really don’t. They play to win.

Love it. Most underrated sport there is. Up your way it’s a big deal especially those college teams you named. People don’t realize it but St. Louis loves hockey. When the blues are about to hit the ice the whole city goes from red to blue.

Reactions: RunninRichie

"The ACC is slowly turning into a mid major conference right before our very eyes."​

....and simultaneously shrinking to G-5 status on the football side as well. Death rattle can be heard now with loss of all vital signs coming when Clemson and FSU start actively looking for new homes.

GBB!

Hockey is a lot of fun. Do you watch NHL? If so who’s your team?

Not really. My other sports teams rip my heart out enough that I honest to God, never really want to invest in another team. But it would be the Rangers or Islanders.

That said, we have an NHL club for xbox, NHL2k23.. at one point we got into the top50 in club rankings in the US. We have a full 5 man team with a goalie.
And with hockey, they are the only big time sport left where they play for pride mostly. Even in the NHL those guys don’t just make tons of money. Maybe the star of the team makes a good chunk but the rest really don’t. They play to win.

Love it. Most underrated sport there is. Up your way it’s a big deal especially those college teams you named. People don’t realize it but St. Louis loved hockey. When the blues are about to hit the ice the whole city goes from red to blue.

Yeah hockey still has that old school feel, the money hasn't ruined it yet.

My little brother was a St. Louis fan, they won when he was like 8. Got him a Biddington (sp) jersey and a St. Louis hockey bag. I started rooting for them a little bit myself.

I grew up about a half a mile from the Checkerdome. Saw a lot of Blues when I was kid in the late 70s through early 80s.

Damn I didn’t know you were that old.

Love the Blues man. Glad there’s a few of us here that get it.

Reactions: chroix
Not really. My other sports teams rip my heart out enough that I honest to God, never really want to invest in another team. But it would be the Rangers or Islanders.

That said, we have an NHL club for xbox, NHL2k23.. at one point we got into the top50 in club rankings in the US. We have a full 5 man team with a goalie.

Yeah hockey still has that old school feel, the money hasn't ruined it yet.

My little brother was a St. Louis fan, they won when he was like 8. Got him a Biddington (sp) jersey and a St. Louis hockey bag. I started rooting for them a little bit myself.

Binnington. Guy is the sht. Love him. Hella glove.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The Frozen Four is sick.

Frozen-4-1000px.jpg

Coolest shit in college sports. We need UK in that bracket.

I think you’re right although it’s still possible to compete in basketball outside the major conference structure. In football, forget about it.

Reactions: Gromcat
I think you’re right although it’s still possible to compete in basketball outside the major conference structure. In football, forget about it.

Yea I think so too. You’re right there. Although I do wonder if over time it won’t hurt programs like Kansas not being affiliated with the big conferences?

Reactions: gojvc
Frozen-4-1000px.jpg

Coolest shit in college sports. We need UK in that bracket.
Some of those smaller northern schools have cool names, uniforms, and colors. St cloud state, Minnesota Duluth's bulldog, North Dakota Hockey which I used to follow. They're like UK. We even have the same amount of NCAA titles in our sports. Sucks that they got forced to change their name due to SJW pressure. From Fighting Sioux to Fighting hawks.

Mike Legg’s goal at the ‘96 Frozen Four is still the most amazing play I’ve ever seen in person in any sport.

Man that’s awesome. Love the cool factor of the Michigan hockey helmets. I’ve been saying it for years, people are missing out not giving college hockey more attention. I gotta get to some UK hockey games soon.

Some of those smaller northern schools have cool names, uniforms, and colors. St cloud state, Minnesota Duluth's bulldog, North Dakota Hockey which I used to follow. They're like UK. We even have the same amount of NCAA titles in our sports. Sucks that they got forced to change their name due to SJW pressure. From Fighting Sioux to Fighting hawks.

Almost like a minor league baseball feel. What was it about North Dakota that made you follow?

Almost like a minor league baseball feel. What was it about North Dakota that made you follow?
The parallels to UK and the colors and name was cool. I don't really follow them anymore after they changed their name. They have a heated rivalry with Minnesota in hockey. Their black jerseys with the sioux head were some of the best in sports.
NC9QZlowRmkuanBn

LmpwZw

cnMuanBn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT