ADVERTISEMENT

The 13th scholarship

Jun 2, 2019
So do you think Pope adds anyone else or this is it? It's hard to see Poplar taking a visit now and I guess we may still have a chance at Riley reclass but who knows?Maybe a project player?

Reactions: Fox2monk
They have said they will hold onto it to see if something happens over the summer where a player becomes available.

They had that guy Jamie Vinson visit but Pilgrim said he wasn't thrilled at being told he wouldn't play right away.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I know it's flawed logic in today's CBB but I'd go with a freshman project and hope they stick around next season for some continually

Hold it for a late reclass/international player who has to stay two years or a mid-year transfer who will train and get ready for the following season.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Riley is really the only guy out there that I know of that I’d take a commitment on today. We are in good shape right now. Riley is too good to pass on if he wants to reclassify. Unless there is someone that I’m unaware of, if Riley wants to stay in high school or go elsewhere, hang on to that scholarship for an unexpected opportunity.

Riley is really the only guy out there that I know of that I’d take a commitment on today. We are in good shape right now. Riley is too good to pass on if he wants to reclassify. Unless there is someone that I’m unaware of, if Riley wants to stay in high school or go elsewhere, hang on to that scholarship for an unexpected opportunity.
I like Riley, and if they can get him, take him. My only fear is that he looks at the roster and doesn't see playing time and he is likely a one and done because of his age.

Would love to see a foreign stretch 4 emerge out of the ether. Open up the overseas pipeline.

Imo a body, for practice. Minutes are going to be scarce. Hopefully add Riley Jasper Moreno and the Boozers or some quality transfers next season. Going to have lots of playing time up for grabs. Likely 5-7 players return, but no game changers.
With the new transfer rules and nil will have to practically start over every year, but so will most everyone else.

Almost hoping for a frosh/ underclassmen that will be here 2 years plus.
The current systems have created a revolving door of no continuity.

Get an international big guy and cross your fingers that UK could get him cleared in time to play in his 2nd year

So do you think Pope adds anyone else or this is it? It's hard to see Poplar taking a visit now and I guess we may still have a chance at Riley reclass but who knows?Maybe a project player?
Either Riley or a Poplar type to really stack as much talent IMO. Wouldn’t hurt to have another upperclassman guard that is proven in a power league.

With what we have now, I think Pope should start planning for 25-26 and get a project, maybe a guy who would redshirt and then play next season. The Vinson kid might be a good one to take a flier on.

Getting a Poplar or Riley might be better for this season, but those two will be gone after one season. Poplar is a Senior. Riley is a OAD.

We already have seven Seniors to replace after this season, I would rather have another piece that is going to return and make us better in 25-26.

If he reclasses I dont think he comes to KY. Too many guys here.
I don’t think we can get an elite Freshmen to come and have to fight for a starting spot. I think Riley and Peterson are both being recruited to be in the ‘25 class.

If they want to be in the ‘24 class, I bet they go somewhere like Arkansas, where they can get lots of playing time. Cal is looking for a 9th and final player for his roster. I think either one of Peterson or Riley would feel pretty good about beating out Knox and Richmond for minutes on the wing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT