ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Coach Pope

Who knows? Our last coach monitored the hell out of it...
He sure the hell didn’t take any advice from it. We told him who to play months before he finally did, and to use a zone because we couldn’t guard. He kept having them defend 10 feet away and switching with no hands up for some reason that defies common logic.

He sure the hell didn’t take any advice from it. We told him who to play months before he finally did, and to use a zone because we couldn’t guard. He kept having them defend 10 feet away and switching with no hands up for some reason that defies common logic.
That’s because he hated us Bennie’s he was going to do the exact opposite of what we knew was the best route to go!

Now you've done it Coach Pope, you have recruited yourself right out of a pass on next season. I expect 20+wins,at least one win in BOTH the SECT and the NCAAT.

Before anyone blows a 50 amp fuse this post is both meant as a compliment and a tongue in cheek comment

The BBN will not let this team down. We are ALL behind you and all your coaches. At UK, the future is now because of your hard work and complete dedication to Kentucky basketball.
What I would like to see is on the first game at Rupp this season, everyone in the arena, stand, applaud and basically go nuts for the team when they come out on the floor. Show them the love and pride that BBN has for their team and school. Show them that they made the right choice in coming here and show the team and Coaches that we are supporting them.

I know I'll be there. I may not be able to stand very well (or for very long) with my bad knees, but I have a very big mouth and can make some noise. Please join me.

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

There is no doubt, Coach Pope has done an exceptional job putting together this roster. And that's really not what he was known for as a coach when he took the job. He was known for taking lesser talented players and making them winners and for developing players with average talent and ability into excellent players. I'm really excited about seeing what he can do with this roster. After last season's paper machete defense, I'm almost as excited to see this team play defense as I am to see them run up the score on some folks.

And yes, Pope needs and deserves the FULL support of BBN! I don't care if you didn't want him or didn't think he was up to the job, we should ALL get behind him and give him a sell-out crowd every night and the best support any UK team has ever had in every game, home and away! I'm gonna do my part, guaranteed. I haven't been to a game in a couple years, but I'm gonna take my family to at least 2 this season, which is gonna be expensive for us, but well worth it. I'm all in!

There is no doubt, Coach Pope has done an exceptional job putting together this roster. And that's really not what he was known for as a coach when he took the job. He was known for taking lesser talented players and making them winners and for developing players with average talent and ability into excellent players. I'm really excited about seeing what he can do with this roster. After last season's paper machete defense, I'm almost as excited to see this team play defense as I am to see them run up the score on some folks.

And yes, Pope needs and deserves the FULL support of BBN! I don't care if you didn't want him or didn't think he was up to the job, we should ALL get behind him and give him a sell-out crowd every night and the best support any UK team has ever had in every game, home and away! I'm gonna do my part, guaranteed. I haven't been to a game in a couple years, but I'm gonna take my family to at least 2 this season, which is gonna be expensive for us, but well worth it. I'm all in!
So Coach Pope is really Coach Smith 2.0

So far so good, but the next few years will determine how great or bad the hire was. I for one hope he becomes a legend with multiple titles who coaches us until he’s in his 70’s.
I am more excited for UK Basketball now than I have been since the Wisconsin game.........that was the start of my apathy for the team.....then with the Cal kneeling and that just was enough for me to turn my back. I have watched less than 5 minutes watching them since.......it was the same old, same old.........a NBA team that couldn't compete at the collegiate level............they would get to the tournaments and pee down their legs against more mature players.......not necessarily more talented but older guys........the kids crapped their pants almost every time.....COACH POPE!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT