ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS tickets and planes

Nov 21, 2012
A few months ago I asked about how to get tickets to the Texas game in November. Well, it's worked out and my two sons and I will be going. But something interesting popped up on my Delta airlines account. I get notices of new promotions and they noted I was going to Austin the week of the Texas game. They let me know that Delta was adding 159 direct flights during the college football season and one of the flights was direct from Lexington to Austin on the game day weekend. I think that's amazing. Too bad I don't live in Lexington, but if I did that would be a great way to get to the game. If you ae going I hope to see you there.

A few months ago I asked about how to get tickets to the Texas game in November. Well, it's worked out and my two sons and I will be going. But something interesting popped up on my Delta airlines account. I get notices of new promotions and they noted I was going to Austin the week of the Texas game. They let me know that Delta was adding 159 direct flights during the college football season and one of the flights was direct from Lexington to Austin on the game day weekend. I think that's amazing. Too bad I don't live in Lexington, but if I did that would be a great way to get to the game. If you ae going I hope to see you there.
I might go now. I would love to go.

I have attended either 2 or 3 games in DKR in the past 10 years and here's my takeaways (two of the games were vs. ranked Okie State teams, so big, important games against a ranked conference opponent):
1. Stadium is big but, at least when I attended, not especially loud and raucous
2. UT fans treated us very nicely but we weren't wearing opp team's colors, either
3. Co-eds in sun dresses, cowboy hats and boots - in abundance and they're spectacular
4. The games I attended were late Sept/early Oct games and it's still plenty hot; drink plenty of water, lather up sunscreen
5. Austin is difficult to navigate in the best of times, home football games only make a bad traffic situation worse
6. Parking is problematic but we managed to find a garage for a reasonable price; patience pays off
7. Somewhat similar to A&M, UT has several 'traditional' cheers, fight songs, etc. that, when they're winning, you'll hear a LOT
8. Cheer team in chaps? Yes, please.
9. Good atmosphere, just not rabid like many SEC venues. With basically no history of UT and UK playing, I wouldn't expect any animosity (until after we've kicked their ass, of course)
10. Austin can be a lot fun to stick around, grab some grub, take in some live music; unfortunately, friends of mine who live in the area have told me that their status as sanctuary city has led to a ton of immigrants, much higher crime, etc. Be careful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT