ADVERTISEMENT

Team played like they are coached by a guy who doesn’t want to be here.

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
That’s the bottomline. I’ve never seen a team implode like we did second half. We should have won by 20 but we couldn’t finish plays. Turning it over 4 times and the the 3 and 18 debacle where our db just watched. Couple this performance with stoops trying to bail the day after the Louisville game. Next year will be a long season.

That’s the bottomline. I’ve never seen a team implode like we did second half. We should have won by 20 but we couldn’t finish plays. Turning it over 4 times and the the 3 and 18 debacle where our db just watched. Couple this performance with stoops trying to bail the day after the Louisville game. Next year will be a long season.
You watched that whole game and what you got from it was our players didn’t want to be there?

Lol

Guess you missed the Missouri game then. Or really all season. This year’s team really struggled to put together a full game with the exception of the Florida game.
We didn’t need to put together a full game today. We needed one less turnover and a stop with 3 and 18. If we put together a full game we win by 30. Just a half assed game we win.

You watched that whole game and what you got from it was our players didn’t want to be there?

Lol
While I’m pissed and would love some changes, and we are going to get a few, take the OP with a grain of salt. When we win, they are nowhere to be found. When we lose, they start threads like they’re sewing a Christmas sweater.

They thrive on negativity.

He sure seemed disinterested during the half-time interview.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
While I’m pissed and would love some changes, and we are going to get a few, take the OP with a grain of salt. When we win, they are nowhere to be found. When we lose, they start threads like they’re sewing a Christmas sweater.

They thrive on negativity.
That’s where you have it wrong. There are alot of us who were all in with stoops until he tried to bolt in the middle of the night leaving the program in chaos. I’ve been bullish on the guy but now knowing he doesn’t want to be at Kentucky then watching how the 4th quarter looked it sure seems like there is a correlation. It’s evident his heart isn’t at UK anymore. Remember he tried to leave on us since the last time we played a game before blaming or calling out fans. We had some players really step it up today. Our coaches on the other hand. Meh

If stoops were engaged we wouldn’t have given up that 3rd an 18. It was terrible strategy and the defense looked very unprepared. Probably the best time for a timeout but stoops doesn’t care now. He’s gonna sit back and count his cash

That’s where you have it wrong. There are alot of us who were all in with stoops until he tried to bolt in the middle of the night leaving the program in chaos. I’ve been bullish on the guy but now knowing he doesn’t want to be at Kentucky then watching how the 4th quarter looked it sure seems like there is a correlation. It’s evident his heart isn’t at UK anymore. Remember he tried to leave on us since the last time we played a game before blaming or calling out fans. We had some players really step it up today. Our coaches on the other hand. Meh

If stoops were engaged we wouldn’t have given up that 3rd an 18. It was terrible strategy and the defense looked very unprepared. Probably the best time for a timeout but stoops doesn’t care now. He’s gonna sit back and count his cash
Why gripe at Kentucky we are suppose to accept mediocrity now on to next year with Stoops and his great clock manage ment down the stretch I think mitch needs to give him another raise and extensions he'll he is the winningst coach at Kentucky you do know that

But another big program wanted him ? No wonder the A&M fans revolted when they thought he was coming.

Reactions: pauled and Stoneule
m3lYbgP.jpg

This is a picky point, I realize it, but if he loves being a Kentucky Wildcat so much ... then why doesn't he and the entire coaching staff where BLUE on the sidelines ?? What's the deal with the BLACK coaching attire ?? Like I said ... it's pretty picky, but if you love the BIG BLUE ... then wear BLUE !!!

Stoops didn't teach fumbles. This is stupid. We got some bad breaks. Played fairly well against a team fairly matched with us. Without the turnovers we win. I'm pissed that we turned it over too, but that is not on Stoops.

Stoops didn't teach fumbles. This is stupid. We got some bad breaks. Played fairly well against a team fairly matched with us. Without the turnovers we win. I'm pissed that we turned it over too, but that is not on Stoops.
Lol. Bad breaks. Listen if that’s your 3 and 18 defense up six with a min left then you don’t have a prayer as a coach. He pulled the marty Moore of coaching. It was BONEHEADED. Forget everything else that was the game.

This is a picky point, I realize it, but if he loves being a Kentucky Wildcat so much ... then why doesn't he and the entire coaching staff where BLUE on the sidelines ?? What's the deal with the BLACK coaching attire ?? Like I said ... it's pretty picky, but if you love the BIG BLUE ... then wear BLUE !!!
I have said that before too .

Reactions: megablue
Why gripe at Kentucky we are suppose to accept mediocrity now on to next year with Stoops and his great clock manage ment down the stretch I think mitch needs to give him another raise and extensions he'll he is the winningst coach at Kentucky you do know that
And believe me in another day or two the Stoops slurpers will not let you forget that.

Lol. Bad breaks. Listen if that’s your 3 and 18 defense up six with a min left then you don’t have a prayer as a coach. He pulled the marty Moore of coaching. It was BONEHEADED. Forget everything else that was the game.
Did Stoops make the call on that defense or did White? Also, if you’re so pissed about the one play on 3rd and 18, why aren’t you equally as mad about the three TOs that all gave Clemson short fields and led to scores?

We are coached by a guy that many of us don’t want here. He is pathetic.

Reactions: Stoneule
I think the bigger problem wasn't losing to Clemson.. it was giving up the lead and imploding in the 4th quarter. That shows poor composure and coaching. It shows that we could have won this, and maybe should have won this.

But at the same time.. Kentucky hanging with the 23rd team in the nation in a lesser bowl game, is probably about the most we can expect for this program. It's not a football school, it's not a football state. The state of Kentucky didn't have a single player in the top300, and I'm honestly not even sure if it's top prospect makes it even close. So we're trying to recruit in the Midwest against the likes of ND, OSU Michigan and the rest of the big10, while playing in the best conference in college in the SEC. The fact that Stoops has gotten us TO these bigger games is pretty impressive.

I know people get annoyed by salaries, but whats the alternative? We kick Stoops to the curb, cut the salary in half.. and then what, become a 5 or 6 win team again? Just don't know who Kentucky can attract. It would have to be a young promising coach, and then that guy would bolt for any of the 20 better coaching programs before long. Sometimes you have to understand who you are.

Did Stoops make the call on that defense or did White? Also, if you’re so pissed about the one play on 3rd and 18, why aren’t you equally as mad about the three TOs that all gave Clemson short fields and led to scores?
Because he is too simple minded to ever think that kids can make mistakes. Whenever we lose a game, no matter the sport, our coaches suck and the fans accept mediocrity. Very simple thinking person.

Because he is too simple minded to ever think that kids can make mistakes. Whenever we lose a game, no matter the sport, our coaches suck and the fans accept mediocrity. Very simple thinking person.
Despite the 3 turnovers we still had a chance to win but poor coaching did that in. Same thing happened in the 3rd quarter with a 21-10 lead and defense playing as solid as they can. Had them backed up to 3rd and 23 and once again came with a 3 man rush allowing a long completion of 18 yards and giving them a manageable 4th and 5 which they picked up on both the play and defensive offsides we committed. Stoops never learns though as faced with similar situation with the game on the line, well you know what he did.

The turnovers did us in. Did the defense on that third down help? No, but the turnovers put us in a position for that play to matter more than it should have.

If we are honest, I don't think any of us go into a game thinking we can win if we turn the ball over 3 or 4 times.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Despite the 3 turnovers we still had a chance to win but poor coaching did that in. Same thing happened in the 3rd quarter with a 21-10 lead and defense playing as solid as they can. Had them backed up to 3rd and 23 and once again came with a 3 man rush allowing a long completion of 18 yards and giving them a manageable 4th and 5 which they picked up on both the play and defensive offsides we committed. Stoops never learns though as faced with similar situation with the game on the line, well you know what he did.
This is the problem. He is a bonehead. The same calls. Same mistakes. Those are coaching mistakes. Those are mistakes you can’t afford to make. It shows stoops didn’t show up and couple that with his willingness to run like hell to tamu and you have proof of a guy whos not in it mentally. We ll see next year. I expect more of the same probably worse given the schedule. I suspect stoops will be forced to leave after next year. Whether he wins 10 games or 6 it’s time now for the man to move on. You show your willingness to leave straightaway he has to find another job now. If his hearts at UK we finish this game today with a W. Huge miss today.

And yeah Leary was in another world too in the 4th. He wasn’t focused. We hit big plays because of blown coverage. It’s like they just expected to win. It’s a trickle down effect from the coaches. That inability to close is with stoops and creeps all the way down to the players. It was an unfocused undisciplined team in the 4th. We gave the game away.

When was the last time you said something positive about anything? Can you link it?

Reactions: gojvc
The turnovers did us in. Did the defense on that third down help? No, but the turnovers put us in a position for that play to matter more than it should have.

If we are honest, I don't think any of us go into a game thinking we can win if we turn the ball over 3 or 4 times.
Teams that are -3 on turnovers don’t win football games. Period. That stat is nearly undefeated

Reactions: KyCPA and gojvc
I think the bigger problem wasn't losing to Clemson.. it was giving up the lead and imploding in the 4th quarter. That shows poor composure and coaching. It shows that we could have won this, and maybe should have won this.

But at the same time.. Kentucky hanging with the 23rd team in the nation in a lesser bowl game, is probably about the most we can expect for this program. It's not a football school, it's not a football state. The state of Kentucky didn't have a single player in the top300, and I'm honestly not even sure if it's top prospect makes it even close. So we're trying to recruit in the Midwest against the likes of ND, OSU Michigan and the rest of the big10, while playing in the best conference in college in the SEC. The fact that Stoops has gotten us TO these bigger games is pretty impressive.

I know people get annoyed by salaries, but whats the alternative? We kick Stoops to the curb, cut the salary in half.. and then what, become a 5 or 6 win team again? Just don't know who Kentucky can attract. It would have to be a young promising coach, and then that guy would bolt for any of the 20 better coaching programs before long. Sometimes you have to understand who you are.
This is a good post. Especially your last paragraph. Too many folks think that we are one home run hire away from being Alabama. In reality we’d be looking at giving some coordinator his first head coaching job. Now is that blowing anyone’s skirt up? Who cares what someone is paid? Until our players start tripping over money on the field I can’t see why I should care. It’s not my money.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
This is the problem. He is a bonehead. The same calls. Same mistakes. Those are coaching mistakes. Those are mistakes you can’t afford to make. It shows stoops didn’t show up and couple that with his willingness to run like hell to tamu and you have proof of a guy whos not in it mentally. We ll see next year. I expect more of the same probably worse given the schedule. I suspect stoops will be forced to leave after next year. Whether he wins 10 games or 6 it’s time now for the man to move on. You show your willingness to leave straightaway he has to find another job now. If his hearts at UK we finish this game today with a W. Huge miss today.

And yeah Leary was in another world too in the 4th. He wasn’t focused. We hit big plays because of blown coverage. It’s like they just expected to win. It’s a trickle down effect from the coaches. That inability to close is with stoops and creeps all the way down to the players. It was an unfocused undisciplined team in the 4th. We gave the game away.
It's always the same. We design a great play to get a guy open, and our coaches still suck, it was just blown coverage. Do you not realize that your bias does not allow you to appreciate anything about our team?

It's always the same. We design a great play to get a guy open, and our coaches still suck, it was just blown coverage. Do you not realize that your bias does not allow you to appreciate anything about our team?
Dude clemsons dbs were non existent. All the more reason we should have won the game. We had some big plays but had 4 turnovers. And what bias? I want to win. I’m not happy with moral victories especially with a coach who doesn’t even want this relationship. No appreciate what? It was a tumultuous season with one good win against UL on the road. Immediately following that game the coach who blew a tremendous opportunity today he was primed to bolt to tamu. Their fanbase smacked him down and now we are stuck with an overpaid coach who’s made it known he wants out of Lexington. He showed today no incentive to do what it takes to win.

Reactions: crestcat
Dude clemsons dbs were non existent. All the more reason we should have won the game. We had some big plays but had 4 turnovers. And what bias? I want to win. I’m not happy with moral victories especially with a coach who doesn’t even want this relationship. No appreciate what? It was a tumultuous season with one good win against UL on the road. Immediately following that game the coach who blew a tremendous opportunity today he was primed to bolt to tamu. Their fanbase smacked him down and now we are stuck with an overpaid coach who’s made it known he wants out of Lexington. He showed today no incentive to do what it takes to win.
Whenever we do well, you blame it on the other team not being good. The dbs were non-existent maybe because we called plays to make it that way. Tell me your alternative. I don't want to listen to a bunch of other people responding, I just want you to tell me who we hire, how much we pay them and describe the path to take us beyond mediocrity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT