ADVERTISEMENT

Team issued warm up jacket; can anyone tell me what team wore these?

Found this on eBay, it’s definitely a team issued warm up and obviously issued between 1998-2012 but I can’t find any pics of a team wearing them. Does anyone have any idea what team wore these?

Kentucky basketball team issued warm up jacket

XRXDyObcZM31nOFNsKzRSJfevcp2t9n8VihG3iJSbnlbTrWaBdzjmjCUOo-cpfeVep6bsQFPNa1EZYoyICriuZwl8VX7j7bUg9rYPfcs3xIEJVnLIQKWX9To3WUP6vRcIXkBo_1CK4doMqoLCfwF34X9DXQWPA

Only worn once, in January 2012, against Tennessee.

Found this on eBay, it’s definitely a team issued warm up and obviously issued between 1998-2012 but I can’t find any pics of a team wearing them. Does anyone have any idea what team wore these?

Kentucky basketball team issued warm up jacket
The font for "KENTUCKY" makes it automatically before we went to the new "UK" logo. The interlocking logo was not only tweaked, but the font was slightly changed from that of this full zip jacket to what it is today. I personally like both style fonts, present and former, because it is the "full athletic block" style font. That said, the jacket is also pre-2012 since our 2012 national championship is not on the jacket. No team has worn a full zip jacket in pre-game warm ups--it could be that this jacket (plus bottoms) was issued to players to wear when traveling or in other situations meeting the public. It is also possible that Nike sold this jacket to the public, although that is unlikely since I cannot remember seeing this particular one worn by fans. Just guessing, I would agree and say it is something that dates around 2000-2011, but was not worn during pre-game activities by any team.

Reactions: wildcatsincebirth
Strangely enough, I do indeed, buddy. This game was the one. Took me an hour of sleuthing, but found this Wildcat World album on Facebook…
Wow man thank you so much. I have tried googling it and looking around myself but I had no idea where to even start trying to find it. Thanks for doing the work for me I really do appreciate it

thanks a lot man that’s even cooler! I was already pumped I had a game worn jacket (for $30 no less!) and it was the 2012 title team! I wish I knew which player it belonged to!

The font for "KENTUCKY" makes it automatically before we went to the new "UK" logo. The interlocking logo was not only tweaked, but the font was slightly changed from that of this full zip jacket to what it is today. I personally like both style fonts, present and former, because it is the "full athletic block" style font. That said, the jacket is also pre-2012 since our 2012 national championship is not on the jacket. No team has worn a full zip jacket in pre-game warm ups--it could be that this jacket (plus bottoms) was issued to players to wear when traveling or in other situations meeting the public. It is also possible that Nike sold this jacket to the public, although that is unlikely since I cannot remember seeing this particular one worn by fans. Just guessing, I would agree and say it is something that dates around 2000-2011, but was not worn during pre-game activities by any team.
Thanks for the run down how do you even know all that

you guys are awesome I knew someone here would have the answer!

I cannot believe someone sold this for $30 I feel like he could have gotten way more knowing this was worn by a player on the 2012 team. I know I would have spent way more myself

im never selling this!!
I have four of them. Paid $20 each.

Of course I’m kidding……..I don’t buy memorabilia. Actually, I take that back,
I bought a piece of the Rupp floor, bought it for my dad.

I have four of them. Paid $20 each.

Of course I’m kidding……..I don’t buy memorabilia. Actually, I take that back,
I bought a piece of the Rupp floor, bought it for my dad.
I’m kind of addicted to vintage/hard to find UK clothes at this point. There’s so much cool stuff out there. I just got an original 1978 title shirt and a 1988 SEC champions shirt in the last week and they’re so cool

I just like having pieces that no one else has ya know?

those were amazing. they even had the old blue belt in the shorts. 1950s throwbacks.
Yeah they were super cool. Sucks that we lost that game and they never came back

just like the 2004 homecoming jerseys and helmets the football team had, they were so sick. But we lost to freaking Ohio and they have never been seen again hahah. Luckily I was at that game and was able to buy a shirt with the helmet logo from that game and I still have it. Never seen anyone else with it

Wow man thank you so much. I have tried googling it and looking around myself but I had no idea where to even start trying to find it. Thanks for doing the work for me I really do appreciate it

thanks a lot man that’s even cooler! I was already pumped I had a game worn jacket (for $30 no less!) and it was the 2012 title team! I wish I knew which player it belonged to!
Really cool find! I snagged a couple more photos in case you weren’t able to see the full album. Might make it a little more valuable.

Really cool find! I snagged a couple more photos in case you weren’t able to see the full album. Might make it a little more valuable.

Wow man super cool. I really appreciate it. I’m never gonna sell it but that for sure makes it more valuable to me knowing someone on our title team wore this! It’s gonna be my ‘big game’ jacket for this season!

thanks a ton for the sleuthing man!!

Reactions: bigpapatyler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT