ADVERTISEMENT

Tavion Robinson/Ramon Jefferson.

Oct 15, 2015
Is it me, or is Robinson the best and most consistent receiver we have?. Also, Ramon looked good the past 2 games and probably should have been incorporated into the run game earlier in the season and might have been more effective than McLain at taking snaps.

Robinson our best receiver and not even close. Davis and Jefferson would have been a great 1-2 punch all year. Really like how Jefferson ran on Saturday and of course Davis has been great all year. Only our pourous passing game allowing teams to stack the box limited Davis’ rushing ability.

Tavion is clearly our best route runner, most consistent hands, blocks well, etc. In short, a complete receiver. Brown and Key are projects, Brown more so than Key. I'd like to know where our backups are. Dekel has been MIA all year. Only recently have we seen any of the FR and, even then, we don't target them that often. TEs ought to be featured in our intermediate passing attack but, most games, they're blockers and forgotten in the passing game.

Jefferson seems to have burst that certainly McClain has never shown. Probably lingering effects from his knee injury kept him from getting carries earlier. DSK has shown promise in a variety of roles.

Robinson our best receiver and not even close. Davis and Jefferson would have been a great 1-2 punch all year. Really like how Jefferson ran on Saturday and of course Davis has been great all year. Only our pourous passing game allowing teams to stack the box limited Davis’ rushing ability.
It. Doesn’t help that our team
He is playing year six right now. May have a Covid year left.
i believe this is his final year.

Reactions: cathouse
Is it me, or is Robinson the best and most consistent receiver we have?. Also, Ramon looked good the past 2 games and probably should have been incorporated into the run game earlier in the season and might have been more effective than McLain at taking snaps.
Both of these guys have had injury problems. Jefferson wasn't used earlier in the year because he was still recovering from off-season ACL surgery, he's just now getting healthy.

Robinson too has had injuries. He missed almost half of '22 with an injury but is finally healthy. Did think he should've been targeted more, he had over 100 career catches BEFORE he got to UK, hope he's used more.

Reactions: grevey35
Cummings is consistent but for some reason he hasn’t gotten the same opportunities 👀

Yes, I said early in the season he should be used like Wandale was. But they elected to go Brown a lot more.

Robinson is clearly our best receiver and been the last two years, Brown hot dogs and drops to many balls and Key is not reliable like we thought he was going to be.
Key has decent enough hands, made a nice, difficult catch in a double team Sat night across the middle. His problem is he only has average speed, doesn't get much separation. Can get around that to a degree by running exact, precise routes and he doesn't always do that.

Robinson is our best receiver for the same reason Wandale was our best receiver. Both had actual college coaching before coming here . The next guy Woodward develops will be the first guy Woodward develops .

Robinson is our best receiver for the same reason Wandale was our best receiver. Both had actual college coaching before coming here . The next guy Woodward develops will be the first guy Woodward develops .
Wandale was a rb at Nebraska...decided by a guy that went 16-31 as a head coach there

Wandale was a rb at Nebraska...decided by a guy that went 16-31 as a head coach there
That’s not true. He was a wide receiver that they would put in the backfield also . More than they should have. And the head coach has zero to do with developing wide receivers. Woodward arrived at UK the same year as Wandale and it was the first year he‘d ever coached wide receivers PLUS he had never played the position. So…..are you trying to say Woodward developed Wandale? LOL. You should probably stick to basketball Mr Brassow. Just sayin.

Last edited:
I think woody is a fine coach but they're too scared of transfer to actually coach these guys

The wandale we saw was a completely different guy than the one at Nebraska. Unbelievable the work he put in and the results. The drops alone from key and brown show they coasted all off-season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT