ADVERTISEMENT

Super Regional Game 1 Thoughts

backinky2018

Sophomore
Sep 14, 2021
Man, what an atmosphere. Understatement to say that BBN is excited for baseball.

-Can't say enough about Pooser. Just a big time performance. One-hitter? Are you kidding me? This was an all timer of a night.

-Pitre! Nicholson! These guys are on fire. We survived an off night by Waldy.

-How in the world did we not top 8000 fans last night? We had 7304 against UT and that was without bleachers, and people were five deep in the outfield last night. I would have thought we 'd have close to 9000 based on eye test.

-Not complaining (I promise), but last night was not a great game for UK from a fundamental "UK baseball" standpoint...poor bunting, not being able to get runs home from 3rd base, etc. I was nervous up until our 7th inning explosion b/c we left a lot on the table up to that point. I say this mostly b/c A) it could have easily been a 15-0 or 18-0 type of score, and B ) there is plenty for the coaches to harp on to keep these guys laser focused going into tonight.

-Moore or Niman tonight? I could make an argument for each, but biggest game in school history tonight. Part of me thinks we'll beat the record crow again and the other part of me thinks that the late start time might scare some people off. Either way, it will be electric.

Reactions: vhcat70
Man, what an atmosphere. Understatement to say that BBN is excited for baseball.

-Can't say enough about Pooser. Just a big time performance. One-hitter? Are you kidding me? This was an all timer of a night.

-Pitre! Nicholson! These guys are on fire. We survived an off night by Waldy.

-How in the world did we not top 8000 fans last night? We had 7304 against UT and that was without bleachers, and people were five deep in the outfield last night. I would have thought we 'd have close to 9000 based on eye test.

-Not complaining (I promise), but last night was not a great game for UK from a fundamental "UK baseball" standpoint...poor bunting, not being able to get runs home from 3rd base, etc. I was nervous up until our 7th inning explosion b/c we left a lot on the table up to that point. I say this mostly b/c A) it could have easily been a 15-0 or 18-0 type of score, and B ) there is plenty for the coaches to harp on to keep these guys laser focused going into tonight.

-Moore or Niman tonight? I could make an argument for each, but biggest game in school history tonight. Part of me thinks we'll beat the record crow again and the other part of me thinks that the late start time might scare some people off. Either way, it will be electric.
There was more than 7400. We were packed in GA. That is the most I have ever seen in that stadium .

Reactions: backinky2018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT