ADVERTISEMENT

Super bright headlights

Don’t look at the lights, dumb dumb…look at the right shoulder and maintain your lane. My Raptor throws off about 5000 lumens

My Raptor

giphy.gif

It’s a well lit Lexington road.

This is a 50/50 shot that you're going to get a well lit Lex road at night. For a city our size, our lighting on the main roads is awful......and the lane striping is pathetic.

If I may, please allow me to play devil’s advocate for a moment by taking a contrarian position with the profound statement that not many things on this Earth are greater than a pair of headlights set on high beam...

images
Doing the Lord's work. Bless Ya.

Several years ago, we got started on a trip before dawn. It was very foggy. Behind us about a quarter mile was a car whose headlights created two of those cartoon-style cones of light. It was great. Then, because of the fog, as traffic picked up, for the first time I noticed how many newer model cars have headlights that look like sinister arched eyebrows. I guess they got that from the movie "Cars" where the cars were supposed to have personalities. Two shots of a cartoon world in around 20 minutes. Made me feel like a "toon".

I walk a lot, so sometimes I walk at night on the sidewalk. Sometimes oncoming approaching cars will put their brights on as they pass me. It's annoying. I'm not in the road.

I keep a flashlight that throws 100,000 lumens in my car and shine it at these assholes
While I applaud the sentiment, that would definitely get you jail time if that caused an accident.*

* (manslaughter if the accident causes a death.

Not worth interacting with folks on the highway who have nothing to lose during these trying times. If you want to fight, arrange some ring time in the gym with local fighters. No one goes to jail this way. 😀

Most of the crazy bright headlights are from people putting eBay leds in standard reflector housings. Around here, it’s part of a package: pickup with tow mirrors all the way out but it probably doesn’t have a hitch on it, window stickers about dodging or stroking, and wheel spacers on wheel spacers on wheel spacers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT