ADVERTISEMENT

Summer/Beach Reading

Sep 4, 2004
What are you reading these days?

Spent a week on the beach, read a few books.

James Lee Burke's- Dave Robichaux series
Brad Thor's- Scott Horvath Series
Mario Puzo- The Godfather- never read before, movie real close to book, more detail on Al Neri, Rocco, Johnny Fontaine, etal.

Reactions: J_Dee
I'm currently only re-reading Bronze Age X-Men (1975-1983), but I do that often.

I'll probably re-read Dune for the sixth or seventh time before the movie adaptation lands this fall.

Currently reading John Hart's The Unwilling but for summer/beach reading you can't go wrong with Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series.

tenor.gif

He was on Joe Rogan a couple of weeks ago. He said he never watched the movie because he lived the documenatry.
The book goes into his childhood. He and his twin brother trained to be SEAL's from a young age just like some kids train to be basketball players. It's a great book and I don't really like to read.

Reviving as I get ready for two weeks R&R, any recommendations, non-political, light beach reading.
As stated before like the Thor/Patterson action realm. Done with Reacher. What do you got?

A 1940 farce/thriller The Secret Vanguard by Michael Innes

Today, we'd call it a mash-up: Golden Age mystery + Rogue Male + Hitchcock's The 39 Steps.

I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't absolutely parched for reading. I'm enjoying it but I really shouldn't be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT