ADVERTISEMENT

Stats trending for the team

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
UK is obviously playing better, a few items stand out to me.

1. Toppin is morphing into that stretch 4 we've lamented for...42% 3pt in Jan and 58% in Feb
2. Livingston is averaging 10 pts and 5 reb in February
3. Reeves has been hot from deep 43% from 3pt line in Jan and Feb combined.

If UK can get Wallace going better and Frederick/Wheeler back for depth....we'll be playing as good as we can as a squad.

Just want to see everyone playing well in the same games. We get 3 or 4 playing well but can’t get all 5 to 7. Will need that in the tourneys.

Wheeler would help take some pressure off Wallace and Frederick can help especially if he gets hot.

More than shooting and scoring. Where we have not been getting better is our defense. The time will come when the shots aren't falling. How are we going to win games then? The defense has to get better.

UK is obviously playing better, a few items stand out to me.

1. Toppin is morphing into that stretch 4 we've lamented for...42% 3pt in Jan and 58% in Feb
2. Livingston is averaging 10 pts and 5 reb in February
3. Reeves has been hot from deep 43% from 3pt line in Jan and Feb combined.

If UK can get Wallace going better and Frederick/Wheeler back for depth....we'll be playing as good as we can as a squad.
Good trends. But, my view is different. Use Thiero and leave Wheeler and CJ where yhey are.

I think Thiero is in line for more minutes. Like to see what he can do with more opportunity. Great defense. Hard-nosed rebounding, and adequate shooting.

Toppin and Livingston’s development has been fun to watch. This is what I was hoping from them at the start of the season.

More than shooting and scoring. Where we have not been getting better is our defense. The time will come when the shots aren't falling. How are we going to win games then? The defense has to get better.
Yeah....but we held UT to what 50's last weekend. I do think outside of Oscar (who just can't move his feet...he's like Dakari Johnson to me on foot speed)....we are rotating better, Reeves/Wallace/Livingston fight thru screens better, etc.....

This team hasn't played 3 good games in a few all year to be honest.....if we win Auburn adn Vandy upcoming...that is a streak this team hasn't come close to playing well that many games in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT