ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to think Pope did a purge with his players meetings

. The players didn't take the recruiting from the recruiter. Pope tried.
This is why I didn't want a player coach. I don't wanna feel bad for Pope. He has only recruited mormons. He may be out of his league. He has never tried or landed 5 stars or elite talent. We gave the keys to a rookie. Gonna have to hope he gets better

Because when they finished their one on one he said good pitch but I'm going to Arkansas
Because he was likely told something he didn't want to hear. Things like no guarantee for a starting spot, "you're slow and need to work on a bunch of things, and you need to muscle up", probably got his ego shattered.

This is why I didn't want a player coach. I don't wanna feel bad for Pope. He has only recruited mormons. He may be out of his league. He has never tried or landed 5 stars or elite talent. We gave the keys to a rookie. Gonna have to hope he gets better
Keep trolling.

Yes but did you read the title of the thread?OP is claiming it was Pope who sent him packing.
Let's be clear. I didn't "claim" anything about any particular player. It is just my opinion based on the exodus today after the player meetings and the fact he could have mentioned any of remaining players yesterday and he did not, other than Sheppard.

And I doubt Reed will be back, though I would love for him to come back.

I think like most said this was always gonna happen.

Tho I will say this we have like zero players now lol. We have to field a team lol. Pope got some major work to do.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
It’s refreshing for a coach to put UK first after the entire Cal era.

That being said it has to be about both. You can’t go from one extreme to another here. No one will come.

UConn won back to back titles. They had guys between year 1 and 2 go to the draft. You absolutely need the talent

My goodness man get a dam grip.

Reactions: bluesundown
not likely but its fine if he did, i want a roster he feels comfortable with! this offseason for me has been awesome lol. i love all the randomness - UGO to the draft has been the highlight so far :D I feel like we land a big time assistant tomorrow

It’s refreshing for a coach to put UK first after the entire Cal era.

That being said it has to be about both. You can’t go from one extreme to another here. No one will come.

UConn won back to back titles. They had guys between year 1 and 2 go to the draft. You absolutely need the talent
Who said he won’t t get talent? He’s been in the state just over 24 hours. Geez.

Who said he won’t t get talent? He’s been in the state just over 24 hours. Geez.

No one said he can’t. Just that he hasn’t previously.

The focus here has clearly shifted which is fine but we have to at least acknowledge the possibility that we’ve gone from one extreme to another.

Reactions: SoCaliCat
With a new regime I am not gonna be to upset we aren't bringing back to many of the 5 stars that lost 10 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT