ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Observations

CRZ4UK

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2021
Well, that was disappointing. The structure this year showed almost nothing. No individual one on ones. No team drills. No real contact at all. Stoops says we are not healthy so ??? Stoops also has a clear disdain for letting fans have access to the team. Not sure why, but very little to report.
My observations:
QB. Vandergriff looks way smaller than I thought he would. He’s listed at 6’3 but looked way shorter than Boley. Threw a good ball. Took off as much as he threw. He runs well.
Boley throws a different ball. Like it’s on a string. No height. Ball just looks different.
Bo Allen looked good. His ball doesn’t get to the receiver quickly but he seemed calm and poised.
OL/DL. No reports. Structure was like touch football.
TE. Anderson looks fast. If he can block he’s gonna be good. They lined him up split out a couple times. Katy’s and Christman are the biggest. Room looks good.
WR. Oh boy, I’m gonna get blast here. I’ve seen all the articles of how much progress they have made. I saw zero progress. They could not get open at all. I saw at least 10 guys stumbling during their breaks sometimes falling down on their own. Maybe Shorts is trying to teach them to cut harder and they don’t have it yet. Very disappointed. Barion looks the same, hasn’t put on weight. Couldn’t catch contested balls and dropped the open ones he got. All the articles are coachspeak. They looked bad.
Kicker. No one was punting. Field goals looked good.
Blast away
Edit…. Forgot the RB
Just like last year it was strange. McClain started with the ones last year in spring. Davis came in on the 3rd series. We all know how that that turned out.
DSK was first up with the ones. He made a break ankle cut in the hole for a good gain. He was making Ray Davis cuts. Maybe DSK has matured. Patterson was first up with the twos. Had two good catches on wheel routes. Allen made a sidearm throw around a defender. Great play.
Chip Trauyum was up in the 3rd series with the ones. He is built like a brick shithouse but looks slow. No real wiggle in his running. I wouldn’t be surprised if any three gets the job in the fall.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News