ADVERTISEMENT

Spring “Game”

It's a bit of a concern that they have so many injuries. I assume most of these are minor and being held out for precautionary reasons but I hate to see so many guys miss valuable spring snaps. Hopefully most can continue S&C during the summer.

I'll say upfront, I'm not a fan of Spring Blue-White type games. Better players seldom play but one or two series, running clock, end up with walk-ons vs scrubs. And if a player has even a minor ding he's withheld. And I get all that. Still, UK did an extremely poor job of promoting this event. In the future UK needs to decide what they want to do....either have a traditional Spring game or just have a Fan's Day. Right now they seem to be half-assing it.

I'll say upfront, I'm not a fan of Spring Blue-White type games. Better players seldom play but one or two series, running clock, end up with walk-ons vs scrubs. And if a player has even a minor ding he's withheld. And I get all that. Still, UK did an extremely poor job of promoting this event. In the future UK needs to decide what they want to do....either have a traditional Spring game or just have a Fan's Day. Right now they seem to be half-assing it.

Thats a way over the top negative view.

They announced the day at the beginning of spring practice. There's nothing to promote. Either you are a fan that's dying to see a UK football practice and are going if you can, or your not really that interested. That's all there is to it.

No reason to btch about it.

I'm glad they didn't "promote" it and make it a big event this year with all of the injuries they've had. Worked out better not to disappoint more people that would be expecting too much.

May next year, when the guys know the offense better, they can do a full game and make it an event with a night game, concert, and fireworks/autograph session

Thats a way over the top negative view.

They announced the day at the beginning of spring practice. There's nothing to promote. Either you are a fan that's dying to see a UK football practice and are going if you can, or your not really that interested. That's all there is to it.

No reason to btch about it.

I'm glad they didn't "promote" it and make it a big event this year with all of the injuries they've had. Worked out better not to disappoint more people that would be expecting too much.

May next year, when the guys know the offense better, they can do a full game and make it an event with a night game, concert, and fireworks/autograph session
Good god man calm down! I'm not bitching, I'm stating an opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Some have a little age on them, harder to get around. Some live several hours away BUT STILL CARE ENOUGH to want news of the event. Game on the radio would've been nice. Hoping some news eventually leaks out. In the meantime, have a nice day.

Stoops still saying the OL needs to get better. We may have been further down than what we even thought. Anglin a pick 6 and played well at corner. Backup Allen with a nice pass to Gilmore, nice to have an experienced QB to go to.

Last edited:
About half of our in-season tailgating group went today. I asked one of the main guys his impressions of the spring game and he admitted they didn’t even go in to watch LOL!!! They just stayed outside and tailgated!!!! Sounds like they didn’t miss anything……

They should just do a pro day type event then and run some 7v7, skills, etc and make it a fan day
Yeah at some point if there’s no real game just do an open practice with some celebratory stuff for fans

Heard A White and V Hiles talk about it this morning. VH said BV looks great/better than he expected and that he is really impressed with Handan's offense and that the running game will look different than what we have seen. Also, BV running quite a bit. AWhite reported that a Dlineman went down with a serious knee injury. Pretty sure he said it was Gadsen.

Heard A White and V Hiles talk about it this morning. VH said BV looks great/better than he expected and that he is really impressed with Handan's offense and that the running game will look different than what we have seen. Also, BV running quite a bit. AWhite reported that a Dlineman went down with a serious knee injury. Pretty sure he said it was Gadsen.
Damn, Gadson to go with Zeismer,,,can't have that.

• Sad
Reactions: satcheluk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT