ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking as an old fart: Yes, winning is the main thing, but it's so nice for it to be fun again...

Not sure if it’s due to the drought we have had for the last several years overall but seems like this is the most fun team of the cal era.

Reactions: Lempface
Not sure if it’s due to the drought we have had for the last several years overall but seems like this is the most fun team of the cal era.
Nah I agree with you. I think this is easily the best style to watch since 96-97. For the offense to be this fluid with an entirely new roster this many games in is absolutely crazy. If we can stay healthy this could be wild by years end.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I haven't enjoyed watching UK basketball this much since the 1990s era Pitino teams. This is such a fun style of play. Sure, winning is the most important thing. But if you can win while also looking good and having fun, why not? This is what Kentucky basketball is supposed to look like! John Welch has to be the driving force behind this new offense and attitude. This doesn't even resemble a John Calipari team.

I haven't enjoyed watching UK basketball this much since the 1990s era Pitino teams. This is such a fun style of play. Sure, winning is the most important thing. But if you can win while also looking good and having fun, why not? This is what Kentucky basketball is supposed to look like! John Welch has to be the driving force behind this new offense and attitude. This doesn't even resemble a John Calipari team.
Same here. This is a Pitino style offense, everyone involved and moving without the ball. Most of Cal's better teams have been because of a few guys who were super talented, getting double-teamed thus opening things up for others. But this team actually creates multiple looks on every possession because of sets not iso.

Isn’t it? I’m so happy I chose to go to games this year. Even losing to Kansas, we had the right energy. A game like this is just awesome. It FEELS so different. Hasn’t felt like this since 2017. These dudes play for each other.
We still played pretty damn good in that game, that’s why I still felt great. We lost because of having Bradshaw and Ugo out. Young guys first game in a big atmosphere, two of them were nervous and didn’t preform That’s a game we needed them desperately. Still should have pulled it off but this team is legit. Feels damn good already having a resume building win this early in the year as well.

Reactions: NociHTTP
We still played pretty damn good in that game, that’s why I still felt great. We lost because of having Bradshaw and Ugo out. Young guys first game in a big atmosphere, two of them were nervous and didn’t preform That’s a game we needed them desperately. Still should have pulled it off but this team is legit. Feels damn good already having a resume building win this early in the year as well.

We really lost because DJ and Edwards weren’t ready for the moment. They’ll get there

very enjoyable season so far

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT