ADVERTISEMENT

Something I didn't know. Former UK player(84-87) James Blackmon Sr's son Jalen Blackmon plays for Stetson

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
He's a 6ft 3in guard who is tied for 2nd in the nation with 24.1 points per game and shoots 46% from 3 on nearly 9 attempts per game. Recently dropped 32 in a game against 11-2 Cincinnati. Didn't have a great game against Houston but managed 11 points

There is a plethora of former college basketball players' sons in college basketball today. Just neat imo to see guys you saw growing up have children who also play the game. Especially ones with ties to Kentucky basketball or even in the case of Reed Sheppard one who is a UK bball legend.

19831126Louisville2.jpg
James Blackmon Jr was pretty good too.
Tried to mimic my finger rolls after him as a kid. Guy could get up.

Reactions: Fox2monk
James Blackmon Jr was pretty good too.
I think they took the under the table money from IU and we ended up with Booker. Blackmon averaged 16 a year each of 3 seasons as a Hoosier but never made it in the NBA.

James Sr. was incredible in practices and organized team scrimmages, but it never translated to real games. He had an OK career at UK. I used to watch him in structured settings at Memorial as a student and would have picked him over any player from that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT