ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody PLEASE Tell Us!!

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
What the hell does this HC and PC see in Haake and Schenzer?...what's it going to take for them to stop running these two guys out there? At a loss for words.

Heard all the talk preseason about the pitching this team was going to have. Can't even find a Saturday starter.

To be fair, Haake should have had a win in Tuscaloosa, but the coaching staff completely bungled that game. That was one of the worst-managed games i've ever watched in my life. No reason to leave him in there with a rested bullpen. Absurd, and I'm still pissed about it.

Otherwise, you guys are right, Haake has been awful.

To be fair, Haake should have had a win in Tuscaloosa, but the coaching staff completely bungled that game. That was one of the worst-managed games i've ever watched in my life. No reason to leave him in there with a rested bullpen. Absurd, and I'm still pissed about it.

Otherwise, you guys are right, Haake has been awful.
And that one game is the difference between having a winning and losing record in the SEC right now.

Haake has the stuff... I really think it's got to be mental. He must relax at times and just let a poor pitch go. It'll come for him.

Haake has the stuff... I really think it's got to be mental. He must relax at times and just let a poor pitch go. It'll come for him.
For the team it better happen soon because I highly doubt they are going to take him out of the rotation.

Funny hearing the TV announcer saying that 'Ramsey looks angry, very angry.' Looked like he wanted to kill someone. Love his intensity. 6-7 240, could be a very bad boy with experience.

I believe Haake is the best option right now. I would like to see Lewis moved up to start game 2 and give Haake the 3rd game start. But I trust the coaching staff. They know their team much better than all of us.

I believe Haake is the best option right now. I would like to see Lewis moved up to start game 2 and give Haake the 3rd game start. But I trust the coaching staff. They know their team much better than all of us.

It is just kind of frustrating that Haake is just throwing the ball too well. Sometimes you have a pitcher that is throwing balls and he has lost control and cannot find the strike zone and that is the reason that he's struggling. That really hasn't happened with Haake, or even really any of our pitchers. Instead, all of them seem to just be throwing too many hittable pitches with 2 strikes. If it were that Haake was struggling to throw strikes then you could easily move in Ramsey or someone else because losing control is a bit harder to fix. However, that isn't the issue, and it is kind of hard to punish a pitcher for challenging hitters and losing, especially when you know Haake has the stuff to win those challenges, as he did three weeks ago.

It is just kind of frustrating that Haake is just throwing the ball too well. Sometimes you have a pitcher that is throwing balls and he has lost control and cannot find the strike zone and that is the reason that he's struggling. That really hasn't happened with Haake, or even really any of our pitchers. Instead, all of them seem to just be throwing too many hittable pitches with 2 strikes. If it were that Haake was struggling to throw strikes then you could easily move in Ramsey or someone else because losing control is a bit harder to fix. However, that isn't the issue, and it is kind of hard to punish a pitcher for challenging hitters and losing, especially when you know Haake has the stuff to win those challenges, as he did three weeks ago.
What game was it they allowed him to walk 11 I believe it was and give up 2-3 hrs...actually felt sorry for the guy...I'm beginning to have serious questions about Belanger or is it NM's fault? That was beyond ridiculous!!

What game was it they allowed him to walk 11 I believe it was and give up 2-3 hrs...actually felt sorry for the guy...I'm beginning to have serious questions about Belanger or is it NM's fault? That was beyond ridiculous!!

That was Alabama. Stats say he walked 9. At one point he was walking basically one per inning, but was getting out of it. He then walked the bases loaded in the 8th and gave up a grand slam. He was at like 115 pitches when they took him out. He gave up just 2 hits and had a no hitter through 7 until Alabama got a cheap hit to break it up. Then of course the slam for hit 2. Definitely not a game he deserved to lose. It was criminal.

I kind of wonder if that game messed with his psyche some and that's why he's getting hit son much. Maybe just trying to pitch too carefully and avoid walks and balls.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Haake's got a huge arm and good array of stuff. They have to keep developing him. There's a reason why there are 20 scouts at every game he pitches. Remember, Hjelle had some hard knocks, too, when he first started out in the SEC.

Haake's got a huge arm and good array of stuff. They have to keep developing him. There's a reason why there are 20 scouts at every game he pitches. Remember, Hjelle had some hard knocks, too, when he first started out in the SEC.

I remember last season Machamer didn't always look too solid, but he had to get some experience under his belt. He got that and look at him now. I'll bet next season we will be eating our words about Haake also.

That was Alabama. Stats say he walked 9. At one point he was walking basically one per inning, but was getting out of it. He then walked the bases loaded in the 8th and gave up a grand slam. He was at like 115 pitches when they took him out. He gave up just 2 hits and had a no hitter through 7 until Alabama got a cheap hit to break it up. Then of course the slam for hit 2. Definitely not a game he deserved to lose. It was criminal.

I kind of wonder if that game messed with his psyche some and that's why he's getting hit son much. Maybe just trying to pitch too carefully and avoid walks and balls.

That game was a total debacle by Ming, that was the worst-coached game of Ming's career. There was absolutely ZERO reason to leave Haake in the game in the 8th inning after giving up 3 straight walks and sitting at 115 pitches. Just criminal, and it still pisses me off. We had that game won, and instead lost the game and arguably Haake's confidence right with it.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I remember last season Machamer didn't always look too solid, but he had to get some experience under his belt. He got that and look at him now. I'll bet next season we will be eating our words about Haake also.
I'll bet next year Haake will be pitching in the Minor Leagues.

For his sake, I think he needs to stay at UK for 2 years.

Right now one website has Haake projected to be the first pick of the third round. He could improve that, but it makes more sense to go to the minors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT