ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Battier

A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Doing the halftime report on ESPN. Hard to watch. The guy's all over the place with his analysis.

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:
Another Duke flop.
laugh.r191677.gif
Nicely done.

Yea that was bad. And I don't know who picked the clips to highlight Virginias defense, because both times the shooter had a very decent look but missed. Thought it was weird to use those highlights...

He has a lot of work to do as an analyst for sure.

I think Delk is much better on SEC Network, but Tony has gotten a lot better as the year progressed as well. He has developed faster than Battier in their first years on ESPN/SEC.

Originally posted by BlueGrad07:
And I don't know who picked the clips to highlight Virginias defense, because both times the shooter had a very decent look but missed. Thought it was weird to use those highlights...
Thought that, too - and each time, there was Battier saying something about how the shot was covered. Also said when showing Lyles closing out "now you've got a 6'8 guy coming at you." I presume he'll be good soon enough, but based on the 60 seconds I saw, kinda rough right now...

I wasnt watching but listening to some half game analysis and they were slobbering over Okafor, best this, best that, best ive ever seen yada, looked up and it was Battier. But of course Okafor is the bestest ever that game has ever seen, you bet shawn....

Originally posted by Mojocat:

Originally posted by BlueGrad07:
And I don't know who picked the clips to highlight Virginias defense, because both times the shooter had a very decent look but missed. Thought it was weird to use those highlights...
Thought that, too - and each time, there was Battier saying something about how the shot was covered. Also said when showing Lyles closing out "now you've got a 6'8 guy coming at you." I presume he'll be good soon enough, but based on the 60 seconds I saw, kinda rough right now...
I agree with both of you. I didn't see anything especially intense on the VA defense, at least on the clips they used. Not saying they aren't good at D, but they didn't pick the right clips to demonstrate that.

And yeah, he talked about Lyles at a 6'8" guy flying at you, even though he's 6'10" I believe.

Petty, I know.

Battieieior's analyzing doesn't bug me as much as his multi-ridged scalp. Dude is a phrenologist's wet dream...

shanebattier2_zpsafb239e2.jpg

Originally posted by maverick1:
Battieieior's analyzing doesn't bug me as much as his multi-ridged scalp. Dude is a phrenologist's wet dream...

ec
OMG! That's one of the funniest things said on here in along time. How often can you break out "phrenologist"?

Originally posted by maverick1:

ec
Mav those ridges are a direct result of being Cat scratched during the '98 UK/Duke South Regional Final. The grotesque ridges emerged immediately after Padgett's late 3 pointer.

This post was edited on 1/16 9:07 AM by KWilt43atbuzz

Bill Walton wants Battier to be our next president. Does working at ESPN on your resume qualify someone to be pres? Espn had to put Jay Bilas with Walton and the other guy last night. What a terrible waste of Bilas talent pairing him with 2 morons. GBB

Originally posted by reignof cats:
Bill Walton wants Battier to be our next president. Does working at ESPN on your resume qualify someone to be pres? Espn had to put Jay Bilas with Walton and the other guy last night. What a terrible waste of Bilas talent pairing him with 2 morons. GBB
I used to like Walton but he is rich and feels he can do and say anything he wants, and put plugs in for UCLA, and out west ESPN doesn't have many announcers to pick from so he gets it by default. By the same token it would be extremely hard to find a good "jury" of announcers that BBN would approve of so there you have it.

But before I am crucified upon the the alter of Rupps Rafters, I would be quick to agree that former Dukies get every chance to have those jobs first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT